F***!

Roscobob
Roscobob Posts: 344
edited January 2010 in The bottom bracket
Well, woke up this morning and all the snow and ice has finally gone. Few things to do this morning, dropped in at LBS to pick my helmet and high viz jacket, thought I'd invest in a decent track pump too.

Got in straight into back room, mudguards fitted, tyres pumped up, bottle cages fitted, lights fitted, all my new gear on. Looked the part I can tell you! Wheeled the bike out and it's fecking snowing! Light covering already and no grit on roads so they're too slippery for a novice and a new bike to go out on.

Raging :evil:

Comments

• Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    The temperatures in Glenrothes are supposed to be higher than what we have here in Manchester though, and all the snow I got yesterday has already melted. :wink:

In fact, it looks like you'll only have a few hours of subzero temperatures tonight, with 5 degrees tomorrow. Pretty good.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html
  • Roscobob
    Not when I'm back at work tomorrow Bhima, although could get out tomorrow night.

I'm 25 mins away from Glenrothes. It's 1 degree outside but only going to get colder tonight.

This is crusty ballsacks like I wanna go out on my bike!
  • Roscobob
    I eventually got out!

Quick 10 miler and back in again. 1st proper ride ever and my bum is in tatters!!!! :lol:

p.s. when i say proper I realise this won't be a proper ride to many of u but I'm just starting out so be nice :D
  • well done for getting out at all Bob. I got out on a ride on the 3rd (other than 2 commutes) and am a slave to the turbo it's supposed to rain here for the next 2 days (well, it is Wales) and sunny on Sunday..... :lol:
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,124
    Glad you enjoyed your ride!

As I left for work this morning I was smilling thinking - no snow, out comes the new road bike. Then I remembered the wife is away for a spa w.end, so unless I want to attach the kids trailer, no cycling :(
  • yea... it's rubbish, i barely been out these past few weeks because of the snow.
    luckily for me i have a club training session tonight on a Turbo Trainer :D
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.