OT: Sledging with the Old Bill

UndercoverElephant
UndercoverElephant Posts: 5,796
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Policemen using riot shields to go sledging on. Genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMPROa70 ... r_embedded

Comments

• Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    So they a riotous good laugh and then got read the riot act?

I'll get me coat....
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I saw that on the news. Personally I think it's actually good PR for them, it shows them to be human and having a laugh.

Just wish I had recorded the three paramedics I was third manning with last week sledging using a spinal board. They decided to make it wildly unpredictable and strap themselves down to it and just hope for the best. :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    NGale wrote:
    Just wish I had recorded the three paramedics I was third manning with last week sledging using a spinal board. They decided to make it wildly unpredictable and strap themselves down to it and just hope for the best. :shock:

:shock:

still at least the ambulance was already on site if anything happened........

I tobogganed down Ben Nevis on a bivvy bag once
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Big Wib wrote:
    NGale wrote:

:shock:

still at least the ambulance was already on site if anything happened........

I tobogganed down Ben Nevis on a bivvy bag once

Anyone tried bracken sledging? Ah just me then :roll:
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941

"toboganning ... at taxpayer's expense"

oh that old one :roll:

What expense exactly. If they broke the riot shield and had to spend taxpayer's money on a new one, fair enough. Likewise if they'd spent an hour of taxpayer-funded time on duty playing on the snow. But it's 40 seconds ffs.
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    iain_j wrote:

That's not all, Police officers have also been known to eat, drink and go to the toilet....all at the tax payers expense!...
    I am guilty of this heinous crime on a daily basis!
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • seataltea
    seataltea Posts: 594
    There's one near me who rides a Police MTB, on duty and appears to enjoy himself whilst patrolling around. He'd be in for the high jump if the boss in Oxford found out.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    seataltea wrote:
    There's one near me who rides a Police MTB, on duty and appears to enjoy himself whilst patrolling around. He'd be in for the high jump if the boss in Oxford found out.

Not the one you are on about.....but I am back on my Mountain Bike from tomorrow night after a 4 month absence...Bretton and Westwood (Peterborough)watch out there's a Viking about.
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    Mithras wrote:
    iain_j wrote:

That's not all, Police officers have also been known to eat, drink and go to the toilet....all at the tax payers expense!...
    I am guilty of this heinous crime on a daily basis!

You're kidding me! Scandalous! Where's the Daily Mail's phone number!
  • lol- why not i say

if i had to uphold a law that was tilted against the innocent then i would mess about on my riot sheild too!