A127 Essex

BruceG
BruceG Posts: 347
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi

Been cycling for some time now, mainly sportives and training rides etc. I bought another bike as a winter training machine and it dawned on me that this would also make an ideal commuter, it isnt an onerous journey in terms of distance, Leigh on Sea to Warley (Brentwood) 18 miles each way, but I would like some info on the condition of the cycle track along the A127, and the cross overs at the junctions if there are any users in here?

Thanks in advance for any potential information

Regards

Bruce

Comments

• I don't use that section but if the section I have tried is anything to go by..it's not good...pot-holed and cover in glass...and non-existent in some places.

I commute from East London to Dunton (maybe the same company as you go to at Warley?) and although the distance is slightly longer I use all the back country roads rather than the A127.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I've ridden that, and yeah - it's not wonderful.

The handling of junctions isn't the best (and is non-existant in places), and it's rammed with cars at the best of times, which just makes it unpleasant to manage.

I'd be inclined to hop in along the A129 instead, although I'm not sure how much fun that would be during rush hour...
  • BruceG
    BruceG Posts: 347
    These are the sort of responses I feared I would get, I have been looking at the track as best I can the past few weeks whilst I have been in the car rather than on my motorbike, and I didnt think it looked the best, thanks for the replies guys, guess I may consider a different route in.

Regards
  • Venture out on the weekend and check it out, that's what I done when I recently moved offices and needed a new route. I'm both ways in the dark at the moment, much better to try a new route in the daylight and with no time pressures etc.