Soler in accident

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited January 2010 in Pro race
He's been hit by a car while training in Columbia

Not seriously injured according to reports
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    What is it with riders getting hit with cars?! Schleck, Ricco, Soler off the top of my head.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    What is it with riders getting hit with cars?! Schleck, Ricco, Soler off the top of my head.

Occupational hazard im afraid no different from the rest of us mere mortals who face such dangers every day.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    When I read the thread title I presumed he'd just fallen off, cos he's no quite got the handling skills of Chinny.

In any event, I hope he's not too seriously hurt.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Any thoughts on the idea that the reason these non-serious accidents are being reported nowadays is directly linked to the rise of twitter?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Hope he's ok, one of my fav riders for sure and it would be a sh*tter to not she him in action in full flow for another year.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    There is a lot more information about these days in the age of the internet.

In the past you'd have to wait for cycling weekly to give you the cycling news - the papers may give you a TdF result if you were lucky - now we are spoilt.

I dont see it as being a non-serious accident, it could take him out of a team for his next event and then we'd all be wondering why ?
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    cougie wrote:
    There is a lot more information about these days in the age of the internet.

In the past you'd have to wait for cycling weekly to give you the cycling news - the papers may give you a TdF result if you were lucky - now we are spoilt.

I dont see it as being a non-serious accident, it could take him out of a team for his next event and then we'd all be wondering why ?

I meant it in the sense that if he can continue to ride as per usual (which was the impression I was left with).

Same with Schleck's car incident?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    teagar wrote:
    Any thoughts on the idea that the reason these non-serious accidents are being reported nowadays is directly linked to the rise of twitter?
    Here's some proof: http://twitter.com/Jakob_fuglsang/status/7745599253
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    And then there is Little Cowboy's tooth problem....lol
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Hope he's ok, one of my fav riders for sure and it would be a sh*tter to not she him in action in full flow for another year.

Mine too! I love his unorthodox out of the saddle climbing style.