Who has the best avatar?

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    There are too many cartoon avatar's. Some are good, some are not.
    However, I am happy to have one that show's for me, the most awesome natural phenomanan on the planet - a total solar eclipse.

This happens as the sun is 400 times the size of the moon, but 400 times further away, so they appear the same size in the sky. So once every couple of years, when the Moon comes between the Earth and the Sun, the light from the Sun is blocked out in a circular shadow that travels across the surface of the Earth.

It does not get much better than being in the path of totality and seeing daylight turn to darkness in an instant. My avatar reflects this.

But on the wider question of who has the best Avatar, simple answer is James Cameron.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    However, I am happy to have one that show's for me, the most awesome natural phenomanan on the planet - a total solar eclipse.

2 things:

1: What is a 'phenomanan?'
    2: An eclipse is not cycle related.

:D

I nominate mine - 'cos it was found for me by one lovely forum-dweller and knocked into shape by another. :D

Although something tells me that Brun's is the best and that I must buy him beer.

My head hurts.
  • There are too many cartoon avatar's. Some are good, some are not.

2 things:

I nominate mine - 'cos it was found for me by one lovely forum-dweller and knocked into shape by another. :D

Although something tells me that Brun's is the best and that I must buy him beer.

My head hurts.

Yeah, it's weird... I've suddenly got an overwhelming urge to buy Brun a beer and send him a box of cupcakes. What's going on?
  • Wallace1492

2 things:

My head hurts.

1. OK, phenomenon, spelling is not my forty. :D
    2. It can be: http://www.fact-index.com/e/ec/eclipse_cycle.html The one I will see on Easter Island belongs to the Saros 136 cycle.

Also: http://www.eclipsebicycles.com
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Mine is a work of art
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    The eclipse picture commits the most unholy avatar sin by being a 37x39 pixel image which the forum has scaled to 80 pixels square and therefore looks garbage. I make no apologies for being a pixel pedant.

I do find it amusing that someone from Glasgow is obsessed by something being hidden briefly, despite it being not being visible for most of the time anyway.

:)
  • Wallace1492
    _Brun_ wrote:
    The eclipse picture commits the most unholy avatar sin by being a 37x39 pixel image which the forum has scaled to 80 pixels square and therefore looks garbage. I make no apologies for being a pixel pedant.

I do find it amusing that someone from Glasgow is obsessed by something being hidden briefly, despite it being not being visible for most of the time anyway.

:)

Agreed that it does not look good, I make no apologies for it not being clear as I an no good with sorting it out - it was my third attempt anyway! If you can fix it, I would be ever so grateful.... :wink:

Not obsessed, just fascinated. It truely is an amazing spectacle, this year will be No4 and possible last one. But to have an eclipse dictate your holiday plans is pretty good, means you get to some very interesting locations. Though some of the people you meet have anoraks made from your Avatar!!
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Mine is still christmassy, though I am not allowed to revert it back to normal due to the guys in the MTB forums.
  • Although something tells me that Brun's is the best and that I must buy him beer.
    LiT wrote:
    Yeah, it's weird... I've suddenly got an overwhelming urge to buy Brun a beer and send him a box of cupcakes.

He finally managed to insert the subliminal images into the Meerkat adverts... Why the cupcakes though I have no idea :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Mine is me (if that makes grammatical sense - paging Linsen :-))
  • Mine is me also. Biondino once commented that he thought it looked like a vagina. At least, I think that's what he said... :shock:
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Yeah, it's weird... I've suddenly got an overwhelming urge to buy Brun a beer and send him a box of cupcakes. What's going on?

Did someone say beer? :D
    <
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Mine is me (if that makes grammatical sense - paging Linsen :-))

Utter pedantry/correctness would require 'Mine is I', I think, as you can't have an object of the verb 'to be'.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Coriander wrote:
    Mine is me (if that makes grammatical sense - paging Linsen :-))

Utter pedantry/correctness would require 'Mine is I', I think, as you can't have an object of the verb 'to be'.

Surely "I am mine" would be grammactically correct? :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    I've tried posting a picture of myself as an avatar but I can't get it below required size without me looking like lego man.

My face must be far too information rich.
  • Wallace1492
    Hey!! I like my new one!! Waddaya think? Cheers to Attica, beer i owe ya!!
  • cambs
    cambs Posts: 235
    Looks cool. 8)

Inspired me to sit for my portrait (that's my bike to the right).
  • Clever Pun
    much better wallace
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,420
    Sort of related - I found a slightly weird side effect of avatars the other day. ITB posted a picture of himself up to his waist in snow. Now event though I know full well that Sir Digby Chicken Caeser is a fictional character created by Robert Webb, I still found myself slightly surprised that the battered deerstalker and can of special brew were not in the picture.

What this says for some of the rest of us (DDD, CJCP for example) heaven only knows. Mind you has anyone ever seen Lance and Greg66 in the same place at the same time?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    rjsterry wrote:
    Sort of related - I found a slightly weird side effect of avatars the other day. ITB posted a picture of himself up to his waist in snow. Now event though I know full well that Sir Digby Chicken Caeser is a fictional character created by Robert Webb, I still found myself slightly surprised that the battered deerstalker and can of special brew were not in the picture.

What this says for some of the rest of us (DDD, CJCP for example) heaven only knows. Mind you has anyone ever seen Lance and Greg66 in the same place at the same time?

That was all part of my cunning plan :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Simple salmon gets on my nerves - his avatar is a brown trout.

feel the need to merk him?

It's because I like to remain anonymous :D

Actually google images said it was a salmon :oops:

I have no idea what 'merk' is - so I'll assume it's nice.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    I would have to pipe up and say mine, but only because polar bears are cool and majestic.
    Along with it sticking out it's tongue, seems to suit me in that respect at least. :lol:
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

could always guddle him...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Wallace1492
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Looks like a Salmon to me, albiet one that has been in a river for a while. Brown trout are usually bowner....
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    edited January 2010
    My avatar reflects my user name :)

any programmers on here should be able to work that out
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Like I say; I'll assume you're all being nice :wink:
  • Clever Pun
    -null- wrote:
    My avatar reflects my user name :)

any programmers on here should be able to work that out

but the holder is there so it's not null it just doesn't have a value

Now look what you made me do :x
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Fixed Pista- FCN 5
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    <
    Its me
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Despite being a cartoon, my avatar is in fact a picture of myself. I got bored one day at university, and "Julian Opied" myself using that most dedicated graphic art tool - MS Paint!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    Clever Pun wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Like I say; I'll assume you're all being nice :wink:

probably for the best :D