Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays MTB rides

Riding around Bury Mancheter

XxthreelionsxxXxthreelionsxx Posts: 23
edited June 2010 in MTB rides
Hi there i was just wondering if anyone rides around bury/ramsbootom and wouldnt mind someone tagging along, i have a route around holcombe hill i ride quite a lot but due to my knowledge of the area this is the only route i use and would'nt mind trying some other routes as im sure there are a few around the area
2009 Stumpjumper FSR Comp

2008 Gt Avalanche 1.0

2010 Trek 2.3

• WhytepeakWhytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Hiya Xxthreelionsxx

How are you placed for a ride up Rivington? as there could be a new thread on that quite soon :wink:
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • turpinrturpinr Posts: 255
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Hiya Xxthreelionsxx

How are you placed for a ride up Rivington? as there could be a new thread on that quite soon :wink:
    when up rivvy ??
  • compocompo Posts: 1,370
    23rd of January - this saturday
    See the rivi thread
  • delcoldelcol Posts: 2,848
    we ride lee quarry quite often...

i would like to ride holcombe hill i hear good things around this area local knowladge is always best..
  • I'm in Bury, but sadly the place is surrounded by nothing other than footpaths. It really gets my goat! My brother is in a club to get more bridleways made (though he's into horses).

Where abouts are you based? I'm in Walshaw at weekends, so not too far from Holcombe/Ramsbottom.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • stupeostupeo Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am from Bury also - near Fairfield Hospital. Just got into mountain biking the last couple of months. I am a newbie rider - a fat boy trying to get fit.

Would love to meet up for rides around Bury? I normally ride from the hospital up to Knowl Hill.

Matt.
  • mb_ianmb_ian Posts: 18
    Matt

Bury and Rochdale are my local haunts for biking. If you want I could show you some trails you may not have done. PM as i live near fairfield.

Ian
  • Flash 72Flash 72 Posts: 209
    Does anyone fancy a ride one evining next week around holcombe hill as I live in Heywood but I'am in Bury alot as my dad lives there, cheers - Jordan
    If I only scrape a livin, at least it's living worth sraping for
  • bwfc4eva868bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    Flash 72 wrote:
    Does anyone fancy a ride one evining next week around holcombe hill as I live in Heywood but I'am in Bury alot as my dad lives there, cheers - Jordan

I wouldn't mind as Holcombe hill is only up the road from Me. What day yuo thinking?
  • Flash 72Flash 72 Posts: 209
    Any day really apart from Monday just give me a time and place and I'll be there. Cheers Jordan.
    If I only scrape a livin, at least it's living worth sraping for
  • bwfc4eva868bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
    What about Thursday have be after 12 as i'm on nights Wednesday night?

Pm me your mobile and i'll send you mine and we'll sort something out mate.