Commuting madness

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I literally could believe what I was seeing when I rode into London this morning from Greenwich - a guy on a road bike with absolutely no head or hand protection whatsoever along in reasonably heavy snow/slush!

I hope he's got good medical insurance because he's going to need it if he continues to ride in these conditions like that!

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I literally could believe what I was seeing when I rode into London this morning from Greenwich - a guy on a road bike with absolutely no head or hand protection whatsoever along in reasonably heavy snow/slush!

I hope he's got good medical insurance because he's going to need it if he continues to ride in these conditions like that!

Watch out, it's the helmet police.
  • I literally could believe what I was seeing when I rode into London this morning from Greenwich - a guy on a road bike with absolutely no head or hand protection whatsoever along in reasonably heavy snow/slush!

Watch out, it's the helmet police.

indeed I'm about to head off into the woods on the MTB with out one....
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    the lack of gloves is a testament to MTFU... or insanity
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Clever Pun wrote:
    the lack of gloves is a testament to MTFU... or insanity

even I wear gloves in this weather...
  • ashleymp777
    Nee naw, nee naw! ;-)

Generally I don't really care - helment or no helmet! But in this weather it's just plain common sense to wear one, especially if you're riding a road bike.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I literally could believe what I was seeing!
    Did you have to go up to the guy and poke him in order to determine whether or not he was an illusion?

Or did you simply pich yourself to make sure you were awake?
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Saw a bloke on a BSO riding along one handed (without a helmet) and an umbrella in the other hand this morning. Personally if I'm riding over snow/ice I'd like to have both hands on the bars for better control.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • ashleymp777
    I may have muttered "Co*k" under my breath as I went past him! ;-)
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525

Was it me? 8)