Lapierre Zesty 714 carbon with damaged paint on the fork!

wordy1979
wordy1979 Posts: 96
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Hi, i bought a Lapierre Zesty from my local bike shop 24th December 2009. Ive been preping bike for winter down my mates house and he noticed a sticker on the front of the front shock, right in the middle. He told me to remove as it shouldnt have been there. We removed and there was a MASSIVE SCRATCH! Ive rang the bike shop they said it will be sorted but im more pissed off at the fact that someone has put the sticker on to hide the fault. Who can you blame, everyone will point fingers at each other. Has anyone experiened this before?

IM ONE UNHAPPY CUSTOMER! :evil: PS I WILL TRY AND ATTACH A PIC LATER.
YOU ONLY GET ONE LIFE. . . . LIVE IT!

Comments

• Nope, but just be happy the bike shop is going to sort it and not try and point fingers at you.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Could have happened in the factory, could have happened when it was in the delivery depot. Could have been done by the work experience kid in the shop, who covered it up to avoid the boss noticing.

Don't get angry with the shop, not yet anyway. If they mess you about then you can start to get angry.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so more of damaged fork than faulty bike!

got pics?

and topic heading edited.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown