456 rough build

teacherman
teacherman Posts: 454
edited January 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Just to counter balance all of the bling on here I thought I'd post my rough arsed On-one!

022.jpg

024.jpg

023.jpg

Spec:

Frame: On-one 456 Summer season
Forks: Pike 426 coils
Wheels: Mavic 321 rims on Hope XC/Pro II
Brakes: Hayes Stroker Trail
Bars: Easton EA 30
Stem: On-one 70mm with silly rise
Grips: Mongoose lock ons with the ridiculous screw through the middle removed and replaced with a Race face plug and the cork from an olive oil bottle
Shifters: Sram X7/X9
Front mech Deore
Rear mech: Sram X9
Chainset: Truvativ Firex
Pedals: XT
Saddle: WTB Pure V
Tyres: Kenda Nevegal & Maxxis Crossmark - 'cos they were lying around.

Oh, and yeah the kitchen is a disgrace - I blame the pack of dogs that live with me :lol:
I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Nothing wrong with that at all mate, I like the finish on these raw inbreds, nearly bought one myself.

Looks like a bike that gets well ridden, like it should....

And anyway...bling doesn't look so good when its caked in shite :lol:
  • True - I like my bikes rough and ready - that's why I rarely clean them :D
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • I haven't seen this one in the flesh yet! Will have to meet up soon and see it. It looks great! And yes, the mud shows us what it's really like ;)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Yes, yes and yes - she would have made her Peak debut over Christmas if the snow hadn't ruined it all :cry:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    that is a great looking bike. the colour is similar to the matt green on the kinesis pha5e.
    btw i like those cabinets
  • Hmmm, the cabinets must hace come out better in the pics... :lol: We got 2 rescue dogs a few years ago and they have gradually re-decorated the house.

going to have a quick butchers at your phase 5 in a sec jay :D Got pics yet?