First Proper Ride Out inc. pics

Duggan13
Duggan13 Posts: 75
edited January 2010 in MTB beginners
Had a new Cube Attention for a while now but for various reasons didn't get out on it properly for a while.

Had first proper lengthy ride out last Saturday :P

Went from South Manchester where I live to Stockport, then Marple via Marple Road and then onto the Roman lakes. Excellent fun!

Think next time I'll get the train to Marple and spend all my time riding there, rather than wasting so much time on the road in transit and also I'm pretty unfit.

Some pics:

My bike leaning against a wall
2vj699s.jpg

My bike leaning against a post
311w22a.jpg

A bridge
2jdp286.jpg

My bike in front of a massive bridge. or something.
t7ibr8.jpg

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Your photos are like mine - bike leaning against tree, bike leaning against fence with mountain in the background... 2009091437.jpg

Wish it was summer :(
  • I almost bought that exact bike, how do you find it?

Just came across this site to plan and find routes - thought it might me handy. http://www.bikely.com/

Enjoy the ride.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain
  • I almost bought that exact bike, how do you find it?

Just came across this site to plan and find routes - thought it might me handy. http://www.bikely.com/

Enjoy the ride.

Cheers for the link!

Yeah I really like riding it but it's hard to make any kind of professional judgement on it to be honest as I it's the first bike I've owned since I was a child, so I don't really have any yardstick to compare it to.

Everything seems to work smoothly. I've had no problems with it other than the front rotor was rubbing against the brake callipers for a while but I just re-adjusted the fitting on the fork and gave the rotor a waggle and it seems to have stopped.

It seems pretty light to me as well which is a plus as I'm pretty skinny.

What did you go for in the end?

I looked at a few different Specialized models as practically everyone told me to buy one but when I sat on them in the shops for one reason or another I just didn't feel right. Couldn't say why though. Plus the Cube's are stocked in a bike shop which is about 5min walk from my flat so that swung it in the end.
  • Looks good mate!! I can't wait to get out on mine, but due to the snow round here turning to lethal ice it will have to wait!