Wiggle on quidco.....

woodford2barbican
woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
In case you did not know....you can get up to 4% cashback on purchases with wiggle if you click through from quidco.

My wife and I have already earnt £1K cashback using quidco in last 2 years. Which is not bad.....

Comments

• And Evans as well with 5%....
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    How much do you buy :shock:

I signed up to quidco but I don't really buy enough to make it worthwhile (since iirc you need £20 before you can withdraw).
  • MeddlE
    MeddlE Posts: 322
    -null- wrote:
    How much do you buy :shock:

I signed up to quidco but I don't really buy enough to make it worthwhile (since iirc you need £20 before you can withdraw).

At 4% that makes £25k spend in the last 2 years to get £1k cashback.
  • It is possible that we have spent £25K through it since Oct 2007 - but then that covers all car insurance for 4 cars, travel insurance for 6 people, capital expenditure on white goods for my in laws, home insurance for my house and my in laws and also a period in which my wife and I have had the expense of 2 children arriving. You can even get cashback on your ebay purchases.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Bloody hell £1k cashback in Quidco (I assume from other sellers apart from Wiggle) :)

I have made over £200 in this last year alone, so not bad either :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • suzyb
    hmm think I'll have to have another look at this. When I signed up there wasn't really that many retailers I was interested in at the time. But if your getting cashback for cycling retailers and ebay...
  • I opened a Legal & General Isa and got £110 cashback for that.

Bizarre, I save £50 every month into it, they give me interest and £110.

Fair enough they make money as well but still I can't see that they make that much money from it.
  • suzyb
    Was that a permanent thing. Recently Alliance and Leicester were giving cashback for opening a current account but it was for a limited time only.

Companies often offer incentives to get customers in the door because they'll make that money back over the time that customer stays.
  • -null- wrote:
    Was that a permanent thing. Recently Alliance and Leicester were giving cashback for opening a current account but it was for a limited time only.

Companies often offer incentives to get customers in the door because they'll make that money back over the time that customer stays.

Temporary - never seen as good an offer since either....
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Never heard of Quidco before... so basically I buy stuff through links on their site and get money for nothing? Seems too good to be true. What's the catch? I know they charge you £5 a year out of your cashback but is that it?
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • pst88 wrote:
    Never heard of Quidco before... so basically I buy stuff through links on their site and get money for nothing? Seems too good to be true. What's the catch? I know they charge you £5 a year out of your cashback but is that it?

no catch. the site just passes the commission from the click-thru advert back to you.
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    pst88 wrote:

no catch. the site just passes the commission from the click-thru advert back to you.
    So can I get 4% cashback on top of my 12% platinum discount? Wish I'd known about this earlier!
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • fidbod
    fidbod Posts: 317
    Good spot,

Quidco is very good if you use it to your best advantage

Stuart
  • That's if you can get Wiggle to track. :evil: