1st cycle commute in 2 months & Fibre Flare advice pls..

woodford2barbican
woodford2barbican Posts: 1,505
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
What a relief!

My legs have lost a vast amount of power and strength, but I am also a stone lighter so that will have helped a bit. :)

Now what can I buy myself to celebrate getting off the tube and out of the car?

Has anyone got these? http://fibreflare.com/ Are they easy to remove from the bike at the end of the journey?

Comments

• Got one. I like it. Fiddly to undo with gloves, so I leave it on, unless I've arranged to play light sabres.
    Hang loose and dangly!
  • I'll be taking it off all the time then, light sabre battles all the time in my office
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    I've got one and it's pretty good. I leave it on permanently as it hooks onto the bike using rubber straps, which don't look particularly long lasting.

However, it's not the brightest light out there, so I've got a Blackburn Mars 5 LED as well.

About light sabre fights: buy two and keep it strapped to your belt.
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    I had two Fibre flares - one developed a switch fault and no-one had stock so I got a refund. Water ingress caused corrosion in the switch. Just mak sure you fit with the switched section at the 'top'....

They are good, but by then I thought bugger it. Using two smart superflashes on my rucksack instead now.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    What? You stopped cycling for 2 months, had xmas in between and LOST weight!

What's your secret? There are millions of people up and down the country who'd love to know :lol:
  • Kurako wrote:

What's your secret? There are millions of people up and down the country who'd love to know :lol:

I stopped eating as much! The secret's out......

Made simpler by going to India for Christmas and new year and not having had a drink since Dec 19.

The trick will be to not raise my calorie intake massively now cycling again - then I can lose that last half stone as well.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Kurako wrote:

Surely you've lost weight thanks to muscle atrophy? I've been off the bike since Oct and haven't altered my eating (or drinking) habits, still lost weight though.
  • Kurako wrote:

Surely you've lost weight thanks to muscle atrophy? I've been off the bike since Oct and haven't altered my eating (or drinking) habits, still lost weight though.

Perhaps a little, but I have altered my eating and drinking habits.