Magazine subs promos

oldhamtj
oldhamtj Posts: 17
OK, so nothing to do with the website - except that the promos for subscribing to the magazines via the website are nothing like the promos in the mags!

I like the road mags and have been tempted to subscribe but the current promos - free gear, essentially - aren't that helpful to me. I did wonder about the pedals on offer in Procycling but the Altura winter gear in CyclingPlus doesn't add much to what I've already got esp as accident/surgery/etc have stopped me even considering going out in the ice - the titanium plates in my face haven't quite set yet :)

But the offers haven't changed from Dec to Jan (er, magazine issues Jan to Feb, given the month-offset that all magazines seem to run on these days). What can we expect in the spring?

- tjo

PS Why no ability to use a nickname on the site? Or am I missing something in the profile?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what do you mean by nickname?

your user ID is a Nickname?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Nah, my userid is my userid, not a nickname. It can be anything, but why should you use your userid as a display name?
  • nicklouse
    cause that is what it is.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • So if I'd like to see my name displayed as tjo, then I'm stymied. Which begs the original question...why? userid and displayname are usually different profile attributes.

I won't mutter about security stuff and userid disclosure, 'natch.
  • nicklouse
    nope that is just the way it is and is on most forums that i am aware of.

so people know which user they are communicating with.