Pendle Pedal 2010

Crankmeister
Crankmeister Posts: 274
Just thought i would ask if any of you are entering the Pendle Pedal this year.or have any of you fine lot rode it in the previous years??
I,m thinking of entering this years pendle pedal and im looking to hear from those with experience of it.Also Cyclist,s who fancy joining me in having a crack at it.

Comments

• ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    I've ridden the long event twice and the shorter one once. Both routes include great scenery and some very tough hills, especially the buggers towards the end which will catch you out if you don't keep strength in reserve for them!

Here are long threads about the event in previous years...

2007, 2008 (1), 2008 (2), and 2009.

I missed the event last year due to illness but would like to have another go this year.

PS The event has been renamed and moved from the first Sunday in August to Saturday, 26th June. The start/finish has also been moved to Barley but most of the route sounds like the old one. --->Link <---
  • Thanks colin i shall have a read of all the information you have linked up.many thanks
  • It's a toughie, but it might just be a teensy bit easier this year with the start moving - this way you've jut got the Nick o'Pendle and that hideous climb out of Sabden to cope with after Clitheroe - I'm hoping you miss out on a couple of real leg sappers at the end this time.

Great event on some roads that many people won't ride on very often.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    In case others are as confused as I was, looks like that in 2010 it's going to be called The National Cyclosportive, not Pendle Pedal.

I've done it twice and it's seriously tough. Maybe not quite Fred Whitton, but harder than the White Rose.

I didn't do it last year, did it in 2007 & 2008 and it was very well organised and friendly, although I remember there was a thread last year about marshalling standards having slipped a bit with paid bored teenagers rather than enthusiastic volunteers.

I'd recommend it - so long as you want a tough one not an easy one.
  • Crankmeister
    Crankmeister Posts: 274
    edited January 2010
    oh dear this sounds like its going to hurt!!! maybe i should book the week off work to recover :lol:
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Lovely route, one of the best.