Looks like we are trendy again......

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
http://uk-fashion.glam.com/articles/det ... ing_shorts

3rd from left looks like a practical alternative to the bib short :shock:
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• "These cycling shorts from Lytess are only £40 and are not only on-trend but also contain caffeine to drain fluid so they help you lose inches as well!"

yeh, bargain...and wtf is the caffeine comment all about?
    "scalare come se al grembo degli dei" (apologies to any Italain speakers if the grammar/spelling is off)
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    grahamg123 wrote:
    "These cycling shorts from Lytess are only £40 and are not only on-trend but also contain caffeine to drain fluid so they help you lose inches as well!"

yeh, bargain...and wtf is the caffeine comment all about?

Exactly - you have to ingest caffiene to "lose weight" and even then its only through dehydration. :roll: Perhaps they are of the Bart Simpson school of thought? :wink:
  • Big Wib
    Big Wib Posts: 363
    haven't seen those 4 out and about near me :cry:

I suspect the caffeine is what is known in scientific circles as b****cks and will no doubt have something to do with nano-technology or quantum
  • Rolf F wrote:
    http://uk-fashion.glam.com/articles/details/new_trend_cycling_shorts

You'd never get into that. 8)
  • ah so high-fashion is resorting to the pseudo-science (aka b*ll*cks) that has previously been reserved for anti-ageing/skin cream/health food then. Good stuff.
    "scalare come se al grembo degli dei" (apologies to any Italain speakers if the grammar/spelling is off)
  • Rolf F wrote:
    http://uk-fashion.glam.com/articles/details/new_trend_cycling_shorts

Castelli version expected any time soon? ITB's wardrobe needs tarting up. :wink:
  • I googled that caffeine thing; colour me surprised at the products some companies are selling to people (mainly women, presumably) who aspire to look more attractive...
    Caffeine impregnated shorts? Applying fish eggs to the eyes as a cheaper alternative to botox? Freezing one's face off? Shoes with lead bearings in them?

I could do all this.

I should open up a 'wellness' clinic.
    The ultimate source for wellness and beauty. Here you will find:
    -Lytess® : shapewear and garments to help you slim down and fight cellulite. Lytess® has three main lines: Slimming, Corrective and Massage.
    -Dermoliftox: A caviar based eye lifter, as effective as expensive brands but at a much lower price.
    -Derm'Ice: The first consumer anti-aging skin therapy unit based on cryotherapy. Professional salons use similar technology.
    Walking Sneakers
    At about 2.5 lbs. each (due to several small metal spheres within the sole), these shoes are four times the weight of standard sneakers—which means walking in them for just 30 minutes can burn up to 300 calories.
    The shapewear fabric is embedded with Microcapsule's. What is a Microcapsule?
    A microcapsule is similar to a grape. The pulp contains the cosmetic agent. The skin protects the cosmetic agent from the outside environment.
    What are the benefits of micro-encapsulation in shapewear?
    There are several:
    • Protects the cosmetic agent from external factors such as oxidation, light and moisture.
    • Releases the cosmetic agent gradually from the shapewear
    • Releases the cosmetic agent in a controlled manner.
    Q: How do Lytess Shaper Shorts it differ from a regular corrective 'sauna' shaper brief?
    A: Lytess shapewear are a cosmetotextiles, and their main innovation is the integration of cosmetic ingredients in the fabric. You will experience a cosmetic treatment but without the regular constraints of a cream or lotion. A 'sauna' bike short makes you sweat and eliminate toxins thanks to a specific mix of fibers to trigger the heat against your skin. The sauna shapewear feature is a mechanical one.
    To be fair some or all of the above products may well fulfil the claimed effects.... at a price...

I could definitely undercut these shysters; however I can't afford the micro-capsules: unfortunately it is a fact that most women would not be amenable to having a caffeine solution administered regularly to their cycling shorts. I'm not saying I'm an expert in the art of spilling coffee on women, but let's just say I've had some experience in the matter.

Ah well, back to the drawing board...
  • I'm not saying I'm an expert in the art of spilling coffee on women, but let's just say I've had some experience in the matter.

I'll get messy when you add the cream.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I also post on Ben Goldacre's badscience forum...

I feel the need for some cross-posting of this thread there...
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I'm not saying I'm an expert in the art of spilling coffee on women, but let's just say I've had some experience in the matter.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'm not saying I'm an expert in the art of spilling coffee on women, but let's just say I've had some experience in the matter.

I'm sorry? :shock: :shock: