Lance

dennisn
dennisn Posts: 10,601
edited January 2010 in Pro race
Just a test to see how many hits this will get and to see just where whatever discussion
may start will lead.

Comments

• lance_19211_lg.gif
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    edited January 2010
    lance_weapon_joult.jpg

Edit: Ah - beat me to it Tom!
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    smells.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • teagar
    lanceat.jpg
  • prawny
    teagar wrote:
    lanceat.jpg

Legend! :lol:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • teagar
    prawny wrote:
    teagar wrote:
    lanceat.jpg

Legend! :lol:

The actor once made a celebrity appearance at my school at the height of his fame.

Even made the local news!
  • prawny
    teagar wrote:

The actor once made a celebrity appearance at my school at the height of his fame.

Even made the local news!

What actor?

Neighbours is a documentary 8)
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Echo et les Boniments
    edited January 2010
    Pascal Lance?
  • All Lances are actors.
    lance-henriksen.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    The term lance has become a catchall for a variety of different pole weapons based on the spear. The name is derived from lancea, Roman auxiliaries' javelin, although according to the OED, the word may be of Iberian origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lance

Also, check out the name of this non-cycling related article - dangerously close to being topical: http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_lancepistol.html
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Lancer = to throw (French verb) i.e. lance le sprint = throw the bike at the line
  • dennisn
    Wow. In just over an hour almost 250 hits. The power of a single word is sometimes amazing.
  • micron wrote:
    Lancer = to throw (French verb) i.e. lance le sprint = throw the bike at the line

No offense Micron, but "lancer le sprint" rather means "start the sprint", cos in French "lancer" can also mean "start" and "launch".
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    dennisn wrote:
    Wow. In just over an hour almost 250 hits. The power of a single word is sometimes amazing.

It certainly is - but the single word that attracted me to the thread was "dennisn". I wanted to see what cack you were serving up this time. Sadly disappointed.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    is a My+cock.jpg
    cartoon.jpg
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    dennisn wrote:
    Just a test to see how many hits this will get and to see just where whatever discussion
    may start will lead.

way way down in google images there a few good ones

tour_de_lance.0.0.0x0.300x300.jpeg
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dennisn
    DaveyL wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

It certainly is - but the single word that attracted me to the thread was "dennisn". I wanted to see what cack you were serving up this time. Sadly disappointed.

Sorry, but it's been so cold around here that I think part of my brain froze up over the weekend.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    His women look like the bikes he rides: homogeneous
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    dennisn wrote:
    DaveyL wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Sorry, but it's been so cold around here that I think part of my brain froze up over the weekend.

I realise this isnt about LA but Freezing up you say ........ Is the States like the UK ? Im interested to know what you mean by cold here in the UK we have two levels of cold Level 1 is the Home Counties/London cold say -2 where a state of emergency is almost declared and the News networks send reporters out to say how cold it all is brrrrrrrr.......... or is like a Northern Britian cold say -15 to -20 where folks just knuckle down and get on with it without any great palaver ?
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dennisn
    Well, where I live the temp has been hovering around 10 degree F. Give or take 10 degrees. North of us(Canada) it's been much worse but the Canadians seem to not be all that bothered by it.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    dennisn wrote:
    Well, where I live the temp has been hovering around 10 degree F. Give or take 10 degrees. North of us(Canada) it's been much worse but the Canadians seem to not be all that bothered by it.

Bigger countries are rarely troubled by weather. It's just the little guys like the UK and US
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Bigger countries are rarely troubled by weather. It's just the little guys like the UK and US

Did I detect just a very little bit of sarcasm in that post? Maybe just a little? :wink:
  • Chip \'oyler
    Chip \'oyler Posts: 2,323
    NapoleonD wrote:

Er... is there an echo in here?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Im interested to know what you mean by cold here in the UK we have two levels of cold Level 1 is the Home Counties/London cold say -2 where a state of emergency is almost declared and the News networks send reporters out to say how cold it all is brrrrrrrr.......... or is like a Northern Britian cold say -15 to -20 where folks just knuckle down and get on with it without any great palaver ?

People in the home counties / London just knuckle down and get on with it. Unfortunately a lot of the infrastructure breaks and because there are more than 3 people per square mile it causes difficultly.

And I thought you knew better than to trust what was in the press MG :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    NapoleonD wrote:

Er... is there an echo in here?

You think I could be ar5ed to read through all the other replies?