Adding mudguards...?

BritishBuddha
BritishBuddha Posts: 11
edited January 2010 in The workshop
I bought a Trek 7.5FX on the C2W scheme, I ordered some mudguards assuming that the fitting required to mount the bike mudguards to the bike would be included, alas no. Apparently I wasn't aware that the fittings aren't universal - I feel a bit silly now. :oops:

Would it be possible to point me in the right direction? As I said, I have a trek 7.5 and the mudguards I bought were Raleigh Silver 700c Full Road Hybrid Mudguards by SKS. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    I guess you mean there are no mudguard eyes on the bike to screw the mudguard stays to? Something like the Crud Roadracer should sort the problem as they don't require eyes..
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Sorry, I wasn't that clear. There ARE eyes.
    Emailed the supplier and asked them if fittings should come with them, they said no, as it depends on the bike.

I'm at a lost finding the fittings that are needed to attach the mudguards onto the eyelets.
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Did the bike shop that supplied you via C2W not fit the muds for you? Mine did, and didn't charge any extra.................
  • I asked them to, but when I went to pick it up they said that the guards didn't fit so I took the bike without guards, I had to buy the SKS/Raleigh ones afterwards.
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    SKS guards without fittings? News to me, however the fittings for SKS guards like these are here
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • The mudguard eyes are probably threaded, in which case it may be that all you need is M5 bolts for them, plus M6 nuts and bolts for the seatstay bridge and the fork crown. Stainless steel ones should be available from a hardware store.
    John Stevenson
  • Thanks for the answers guy.

The bike definitely takes an M5 bolt, so will be fitting them ASAP
    Thanks again.