So annoyed!

Canny Jock
Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
My first commute of the year today on my new bike which was great, a lot faster than my old one and allowed me to indulge in some SCR for the first time (I lost). Wednesday last week was my first day back and I didn't cycle for the whole week because of snow chaos - reckon I could have made it a couple of days though.

Then found out today I have to have an operation tomorrow morning on my leg, which means no exercise for 2 weeks while the wound heals.

Not only is it going to cost me for the train now that my season ticket has expired (didn't think I'd need it) but I've been getting grumpy because of not cycling last week, and I was hoping to get my fitness back after the Christmas and New Year over-indulgence.

Once the stitches are out I'm away with work for a week, so doesn't look like I'll be back on the bike until Feb now. And I just joined the commuting stats this morning so looks like I will be stuck on 14 miles for Jan :cry:

Anyone got anything to cheer me up?

Comments

• teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Massive Attack have a new single doing the rounds on the radio in anticipation of their new album out in early Feb.

Cheered me up no end last week.

S'called Paradise circus.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    teagar wrote:
    Massive Attack have a new single doing the rounds on the radio in anticipation of their new album out in early Feb.

After the big roundabout in brum? Strange.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    teagar wrote:

That's a good start. How did you know I'm a Massive Attack fan :D