RPCC Ride - Sat 16th / Sun 17th

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
Happy new year folks! Time to kick this bad boy off again! :P

Once again, lots of plans to race on Saturday, so Sunday is looking like the day for it - background discussions are hinting of a hoonfest(TM) but I for one am preferring the thought of a steady 100k 8)

If you do want to go out on Sat then don't let us stop you, and please feel free to use this to arrange something :D

Must remember to take the race wheels off this weekend... :roll: :lol:

So, for those of you heading out, here's the usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as different start times seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped (unless a 'hoonfest' is on the cards - see note * below) :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-30mins)
I say it every week, but it remains true so I won't stop: As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! 8)

It would also be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - not sure where they've all gone or if they've stopped watching these threads due to the emergence of the hoonfest, but hopefully some of you might venture out again this weekend, if not sometime soon...? :?

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend? :shock: 8)

Comments

• tomb8555
    tomb8555 Posts: 229
    I'm up for sunday :-)
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    <SIGHING> It's great that RPCC is still going on a year down the line - good work Rich and the rest of you!

It's been so long (6m +) since I got out with you guys and I keep planning to 're-appear' only to have something or other stop me. This time it's a re-occurrence of the tonsilitis which has blighted my health on and off since October, so no show for me this weekend.

Anyway, I'm signed up to the Dragon Ride (is anyone else in RPCC doing it?) and am determined to get into a training routine ASAP. Regular weekend runs sometime in the next few weeks are a definite part of that so assuming I don't break something skiing week after next, I'll be up well in for the first February runout.

Cheers all

Charlie
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I know how you feel charlie. Something ALWAYS comes up and ruins your best laid plans :?

I was going to do the Dragon Ride but accommodation issues have prevented me. I am now going to do the Chiltern 100 which is on the same day as the Dragon 8)
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Hi folks - Happy New Year and all that stuff. Nice one for getting on this as usual Rich.

I came off my bike a couple of weeks ago and cracked my ribs so its a definite no show from me unfortunately. Not been on the bike since! My lady is just about to give birth too so it looks like I might be out of action for the most of January. Will be out as soon as I can. Looking forward to a good ride.
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Do you think this is going to happen? Maybe it should be rebranded as a 'slushfest' I see Hillingdon is subject to a course inspection tomorrow, too. Not sure I fancy that if it means getting soaked following wheels.. maybe a solo job instead...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    I won't be riding or racing - dose of man flu(TM) to recover from so have decided to go back to Worthing and give it to all of my friends and relatives :D
  • Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Forecast looking terrible anyway. I am going to stick on the running shoes.

Enjoy Worthing Rich
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    I won't be riding or racing - dose of man flu(TM) to recover from so have decided to go back to Worthing and give it to all of my friends and relatives :D

Well, I could do with having a lazy one, but I have a series lead to defend, so I can't be too much of a softie. Now the hose pipe is unfrozen I can use it to wash the bike afterwards if it gets dirty I guess...

Get some Zinc and Vitamin C down ya Rich!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm also really keen on a decently long ride, but seems it'a not going to be this month... Saturday is work day and sunday am only available at the early morning so will end up just doing some laps of Richmond...