Bikehike in trouble

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I'm not sure how many of you use www.bikehike.co.uk which is a totally fantastic route plotting and saving free site, however it seems this site is pretty much being shutdown, well most of the functions anyway, i'm guessing google being nice again :evil:
# Jan 2010: Closure of Route Database
I have received legal advice that, in spite of any disclaimer on this site, there is no guarantee against possible litigation as a result of having routes assessible via this website.

As a private individual I am not prepared to expose myself to this risk (however small) and therefore have reluctantly taken the decision to close the bikehike route database.

For a start the facility to save routes to the database has been closed. In the near future I will also close the facility to search for routes in the database. In the meantime I suggest all users download their routes to their PCs.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I hope you can appreciate the reasons.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    nicklouse wrote:

Erg! That link takes you to the MTB section!
  • itboffin
    prj45 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

I know i feel dirty now, I had to go out to the garage and fettle my single speed, all good now :P
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    itboffin wrote:
    I know i feel dirty now, I had to go out to the garage and fettle my single speed, all good now :P

My ears are still ringing from the humming noise.
  • nicklouse
    and how do you think I felt posting in here?

:wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • itboffin
    nicklouse wrote:

How do you think I felt today riding a hybrid/mtb offroad - oooow so dirty :lol:
  • nicklouse
    mud is good for you though.

need to wait till march before I see any mud.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    itboffin wrote:
    prj45 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

Ahem !

Ridgeway.

That's all ;-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    nicklouse wrote:

Like a louse? ;)
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    itboffin wrote:
    however it seems this site is pretty much being shutdown, well most of the functions anyway,

Bit of an exaggeration I reckkon!
  • Who really needs the database anyway?

Just make the route and save it as a file.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    I'm not bothered about the DB. I like the interface for creating routes though, it is my favourite so far, glad that bit is staying.

I'll just save the files to my puter.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • dodgy wrote:
    itboffin wrote:
    however it seems this site is pretty much being shutdown, well most of the functions anyway,

Bit of an exaggeration I reckkon!

Read awl abaht it - Boffo in exaggeration accusation! Witnesses say he was last seen leaving the scene on a mtb smiling...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • itboffin
    From now on MM you shall be my official herald, your duties will include;

announcing all my significant posts (light duties)
    proclaiming my arrival :shock: (mrs itboffin might be a surprised the first time buy I'm sure she'll get used to it)
    telling my boss "I can't come in today I have a stats comp to win"
    getting me coffee every 15mins

well done MM