New Boardman Team Carbon Limited

amnesia
amnesia Posts: 118
edited May 2011 in Your road bikes
Picked up my new Team Carbon yesterday... my first carbon bike - it is sooo light !

Apologies for the non-standard photos :roll:

img01.jpg

img02.jpg

img03.jpg

img04.jpg

Just need the weather to sort itself out now :(

Daniel.
2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !

Comments

• And some air in the front inner tube :D
  • amnesia
    And some air in the front inner tube :D

I wondered how many people would spot that :lol:

Had to let the tyre down to take the wheel off so it would fit in the back of my car to get it home. It is fully pumped now ;)
  • stubee
    stubee Posts: 25
    I think you'll spend as much time cleaning it as riding it!! White looks awsome tho! good lad for being so brave to get white one.tyres finish it off a treat!

Stu
    Play for more than you can afford to lose.......then you will learn the game. (winston churchill)
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    amnesia wrote:
    Had to let the tyre down to take the wheel off so it would fit in the back of my car to get it home. It is fully pumped now ;)
    :shock:
    There is a little QR lever on your brake caliper, rotate it and the calipers open enough to remove the wheel!

I guess you've noticed the lack of pedals, too. :!:

I love white bikes... God knows why I bought a black one :oops:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Damn, that looks good, I want one so bad!!
  • amnesia
    hopper1 wrote:
    amnesia wrote:
    :shock:
    There is a little QR lever on your brake caliper, rotate it and the calipers open enough to remove the wheel!

Yes I know... however, I guess the muppets at Halfords didn't. and set the bike up with the cams already down :roll:

It is booked in to a local LBS for a good going over and a proper fitting session shortly.

Daniel.
  • nice i realy want to get out on my one more but weather is rubbish
    Boardman limited edition carbon #60
  • bikeboon
    bikeboon Posts: 81
    nice i realy want to get out on my one more but weather is rubbish

A year and a half on - how are you finding the bike? Back in 2009 had to make a 200-mile roundtrip to pick mine up as Halfords mu***ts couldn't figure out how to ship it to another branch down the road from me. Very happy I did make the trip.

The best thing about the bike - of course the colour scheme Smile CB have upgraded the wheels in the 2011 version with the entry-level Mavics, not sure how they rate against the 2009 Ritcheys. Another thing that I like about the 2009 version is the SRAM shifters, not a fan of 105's that feature on the 2011 v.

Any thoughts?
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    nice 8)