Belgian races - route maps

mike ives
mike ives Posts: 319
edited January 2010 in Pro race
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain route maps for the 2010 Tour of Flanders, Schelderprijs and Paris- Roubaix races. I seem to be having some difficululty.

They are all between 4th - 11th April so I thought I might go and watch them over the Esater holiday.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    www.rvv.be for DeRonde

www.scheldeprijs.be/public/index.php?op ... &Itemid=71

You'll struggle finding Paris-Roubaix if you head to Belgium, because it's in France! 2010 course isn't up yet, but you'll find parcours for 2009 here:

http://www.letour.fr/indexPRX_fr.html
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mike ives
    Many thanks for the info.

I still cannot find this year's route for theTour of Flanders on the website; perhaps it's like the Paris Roubaix and not published yet. I will keep checking.

However, the Schelderprijs is on display on its associated web site.

Thanks also for the tip about Paris-Roubaix and Belgium. Though I rushed getting the question on the forum, one can't help feeling a bit of a clot!

Cheers.
  • I'm just about 99% certain that the route of De Ronde is printed in Het Niewsblad on the Saturday before the race in the Sunday.

Paris Roubaix is gona be the same route for 2010 as 2009, so that one will be fine for you
  • mike ives
    Excellent. Ta very much. I'm beginning to look forward to this already.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The Flanders route shold be released soon - the last 75km from Kluisbergen varies little year-to-year, in particular from Oude Kwaremont, Paterberg, Koppenberg and so forth. There is usually a pull-out supplement in Het Nieusblad on the Saturday including riders, maps and route card.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Aren't they removing the Eikenmolen for the route this year?
  • blim
    blim Posts: 333
    The parcours for the full-length sportive - which presumably is identical to that of the pro race - is now up at http://www.sport.be/cyclingtour/rondeva ... s/255.html and there's no Eikenmolen
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    blim wrote:
    The parcours for the full-length sportive - which presumably is identical to that of the pro race - is now up at http://www.sport.be/cyclingtour/rondeva ... s/255.html and there's no Eikenmolen

That route also has the major change in De Ronde's route this year: moving the Molenberg from first climb to deeper into the finale.Quite likely to be similar to the pro's route. The details of the route will be published this month on the RVV website. And for spectating purposes it doesn't really matter anyway - the start will be in Brugge, and the last 100 km are always more or less the same.
  • mike ives
    Thanks to everyone for thier help. Can't wait to see 'Tornado Tom' in action though I don't think he is going to beat Spartacus this year.