the new bmc kit

freire
freire Posts: 17
edited February 2010 in Pro race

Comments

• flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    That kit is quite nice! Can't make out an Assos label and being a Swiss (ish) bike manufacturer as well...weird.

Not sure why he is posing with the black/white bike I'm sure the black/red would have been more aesthetically pleasing, matching the bike?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Weird though it may seem, i believe that Hincapie's company are now doing the kit. I thought staying with the black and white would've made a statement. Alongside the black and white bikes the kit looked quite striking. But, its always nice to see red kits in the peloton.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Yes, Hincapie make the kit. Probably part of the deal with him signing for them.
  • bmc's official colours are red and black
  • Quite like it definitely better than all the blue that seems to dominate the peloton
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • Pokerface
    Quite like it definitely better than all the blue that seems to dominate the peloton

+1 - very simple and classy kit.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    It's red,it's classy,I like it (it isn't blue!)
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    I agree, nice kit. Good advert for Hincapie Sportswear.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    That Black/White Assos looked superb tho'.
    M.Rushton
  • Pokerface
    Pic of Big George in his new BMC US Champion kit (from VeloNews):

dsc_8930.jpg
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    OOOOhhhhh yeh! Liking that. Good squad, good bikes and nice kit and in the Tour Down Under. Shame it is not on EuroSport :shock:
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The BMC / US national champs gear is nice (as was its Columbia equivalent, which was even more "Captain America")

The red BMC kit is just whorish.
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    mrushton wrote:
    That Black/White Assos looked superb tho'.

+1, but the new one is nice also.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    x-captain-america-cc1.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    The BMC Racing Team says it has been granted Wild Card status by the UCI. which will allow the team, registered as a pro continental team, to be invited to participate in ProTour events.
    The UCI has not yet released a statement on the wild card awards, and a UCI spokesman was not immediately available for comment Tuesday.
    BMC Racing Team President Jim Ochowicz noted that the team was awarded wild card status last season, and was able to participate in Paris-Roubaix, the Tour de Romandie, the Dauphiné Libéré and other ProTour events.
    “This was critical to fulfilling our central goals, not only for 2010 but also into the future,” Ochowicz said. “It paves the way for an ambitious schedule of racing that will expose even more people to the BMC Racing Team and our outstanding line-up of sponsors.”
    BMC’s participation in the Tour Down Under race in Australia next week was contingent upon it receiving the Wild Card.
    Team Director Sportif John Lelangue, who is in Adelaide, Australia with the seven-member squad that will contest the race, said the team will be competitive.

“We expect to be competitive in every race we enter, whether it’s a one-day classic, a one-week stage race or a Grand Tour,” Lelangue said. “All the pieces are in place for this team to get the most out of its talent – be it in Europe, the United States or anywhere in the world.”

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/ ... 010_102334
    cartoon.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    hinc-usa.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    What a pose...

bmc-ballan.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its a bit like the shack kit isnt it ? And yeah I think Hincapie went there so long as they would use his kit. I'd imagine he'd be with the Shack if he wasnt thinking of his clothing business.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    The regular kit looks pretty nice, as does Cadel's Rainbow.
    Hancapie's USA kit looks ridiculous - it goes beyond over the top. And I can't forgive the "one blue wheel, one red wheel" on the bike either!
  • Guys this is as pedantic as the "*spoiler*" special needs crowd but there's a thread that has discussed the BMC kit already:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12673755

In peloton shots it looks too much like the Shack.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Seems to me that many trade team kits are becomming more conservative - perhaps to encourage Joe Public to buy them? I suppose you can always count on Italian teams to come up with their usual "more is more" approach, but in the main, they're pretty plain.

Perhaps there just aren't as many sponsors vying for space on the jerseys, a la Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli etc etc!!!
  • I suppose you can always count on Italian teams to come up with their usual "more is more" approach, but in the main, they're pretty plain.

Perhaps there just aren't as many sponsors vying for space on the jerseys, a la Serramenti PVC Diquigiovanni-Androni Giocattoli etc etc!!!

i like these jerseys
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...