New member, heres my retro ride

gt-ellis
gt-ellis Posts: 6
edited March 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi guys thought id post up a quick pic of my bike im new to the site and live just on the boarder of north wales, been building it for a while and not long started useing it, built it all from second hand but good condition parts to keep the cost down but wanted a nice bike, found the frame that had been fully reconditioned so was like new, had loved this bike as a young lad so snapped this up when i got offered it. Anyway heres a pic :wink:

imrezapics074.jpg

Gt lts dh frame with titanium rear section
X-lite phatso rims with hope hubs
Rockshox judy shocks
rockshox delux rear shock
shimano dx brakes
x-lite seat
xt rear mech
xtr crank arms and chain ring
mrc dh chain device
hope headset
hope seatclamp

Comments

• duron1
    duron1 Posts: 2,475
    lol thats different! Ride well?
    Commuter: Saracen Vex '03 (Full XT drivetrain, Rockshox Tora 302 80mm, Conti Touring Plus..etc)

MTB Hardtail: Orbea Satellite - Team Colours '08 (Full XTR drivetrain, Reba Teams, XC717s - Hope Pro II, Fire XC Pro 2.1...etc).
  • To be honest mate its a bike to me, i just go back and forward to the gym and work on it, just wanted something that looked nice and alwasy loved these bikes, it feels nice to ride too me, soaks up any hard bumps and when i want to go quick then the shocks can be nice and firm, so all in all does me grand :)
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Its erm, different
  • I remember lusting after these too! - i think ive still got one of the freebie MBUK videos where they were giving these a good thrashing - used to watch it for hours.........
    cool 8)
    Falcon Sierra - 80's
    Muddy Fox Courier - 80's
    GT Palomar 90's
    GT Zaskar LE - 90's
    Cannondale k v 900 90's
    Santa Cruz Bullit - now
    Orange Evo 8 STOLEN 26/09/10
    Orange P7 Pro
    Lots of kites.
  • I remeber these :wink: awesome looking bikes, think they still look better than some of the tripe they turn out these days, my mate bought a nice blue 1 with a full xt set up bout a month ago and its stunning :D

"
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    i like that....that's cool
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Retro cool. Team MBUK used to use these as they're DH race bikes...Think Peaty had one too before the lobo..
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    i am a big fan of the retro GT dh bikes. and that looks sweet
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I rode one of these for the first time the other day, great bike, I always wanted one back in the day 8)
  • It is a great bike yes, only prob i have with it is leaveing it places, im always worried it will get stolen or parts will go walkies off it, im sure alot of you have the same problem.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    My mate took the GT stickers off his, sadly it's dying so he says he might chuck a basket on it and use it as the worlds most expensive shopping bike!
  • my mate had one until recently, loved it but said it was a heavy beast.
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • Too be fair i find it quite light, prob alot lighter bikes out there but i dont find it bad atall. Ive got a bug to build another now, not sure why but had good fun building this one.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    An oldy, about 1997 that one.

LTS system is a four bar that they had to stop making because Spesh patented the design - so GT made a better one ;-)
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Nice build!!
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Retro!

But it can't be comfortable with the saddle tilted back like that surely? :shock: Or do you have really long arms?
  • Loved these backin the day, I'd still give my left nut for a GT STS carbon. Ooooh with spin wheels mmmmmmmmmmm.....

Sorry showing my age :D
    2015 Cannondale Trigger Carbon 2
    2014 Canyon Ultimate Al
    2008 Kona Stinky
    2000 Specialized P3
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    I can`t believe you`ve got a gnome :wink:
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja