My Orbea Satellite Team

duron1
duron1 Posts: 2,475
edited January 2010 in Your mountain bikes
It's been a while since ive uploaded any images of my Orbea on here, so thought I best update everyone on how it is now,

It has covered just over 600 miles now, so still beding in really. Sorry about the quality of the images, all taken on my phone, also my newpost and saddle are fitted now too.

pbpic4458405.jpg
pbpic4458406.jpg
pbpic4458402.jpg
pbpic4458407.jpg

Spec:

Orbea Satellite Team frame, 20"
Rock Shox Reba Team with remote,
Full Shimano XTR transmission
Formula Oro 200mm disc's,
Mavic XC717 rims, DT Swiss D/B comp, Hope Pro II,
Fire XC Pro's 2.1",
Hope QR's and Seat Clamp,
Clarks sealed cables,
FSA headset,
Easton EC70 bars / seatpost,
Easton EA70 stem,
SRAM PC-991 chain.
Commuter: Saracen Vex '03 (Full XT drivetrain, Rockshox Tora 302 80mm, Conti Touring Plus..etc)

MTB Hardtail: Orbea Satellite - Team Colours '08 (Full XTR drivetrain, Reba Teams, XC717s - Hope Pro II, Fire XC Pro 2.1...etc).

Comments

• really nice that mate, like the matching white down tube n pedals nice touch!! 8)
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • Like it.

You need to fix that broken drawer on the sink and get your bIoody shoes off the table though.
  • duron1
    Thanks, the last pic of the seatpost was taken at work so dont care about the drawer.
    Commuter: Saracen Vex '03 (Full XT drivetrain, Rockshox Tora 302 80mm, Conti Touring Plus..etc)

MTB Hardtail: Orbea Satellite - Team Colours '08 (Full XTR drivetrain, Reba Teams, XC717s - Hope Pro II, Fire XC Pro 2.1...etc).
  • duron1
    Thanks to everyone who has voted in my poll so far, most people seem to like it! :)

Not really anything I want to change now, just ride it and see how everything goes.

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    203mm rotors look funny on a XC bike. :lol:
  • nice ride, not sure about the tyres though
    It`s changed a bit since...
    2010 Zesty 314
  • Nice bike and spec too, would look really good with a white fork, but the Reba is a top choice.
  • Xtreem wrote:
    203mm rotors look funny on a XC bike. :lol:
    +1... get a 180 upfront and a 160 out back!
  • duron1
    I have ran 160/160, 180/160, 180/180 and I prefere the 200/200, I hardly use my brakes and so I like a very on/off feeling so I can just bring it to a stop if i need to. Great for how I ride. I work with bikes day in day out so I have ridden many differnet brake combos.

• fair enough... jsut a bit nuts on an xc bike thats all!

Peaty runs 160mm front and 140mm rear..... thats how you know someone never uses their brakes :wink:
  • duron1
    lol yeh i know, everyone is differnet, I like to keep 6 bolts for my brakes aswel unlike Steve. Im not on a weight limit too.

• lol, I explained that to my dad the other day. 3 ti bolts instead of 6.....
  • duron1
    Yeh, to me its not worth it on any of my bikes. Espes my commuter bike, weights loads, around 17kg but not that bothered as it takes me everywhere without a problem.

• what does the orbea weigh?
  • duron1
    10.8kg inc. pedals, bottle cage and speedo.