Faux pas or not

Almightydutch
Almightydutch Posts: 264
edited January 2010 in MTB general
I usually ride in this weather with a set of lycra tights and my baggies over the top...am i commiting the ultimate fauz pas or does anyone actually care anymore?
4 wheels bad
2 wheels good
1 wheel for fun

Comments

• Are you warm enough? If yes, then it doesn't matter does it!
    Proved by testing to be faster than a badger.
    The world's ultimate marmite bike
  • i normally wear my winter longs and baggies over the top, unless its windy then its over trousers,
    quite a few of the guys do the same so your fine!! :wink:
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    edited January 2010
    No-one cares and you should care even less if you're warm enough. is about the size of it.
  • I'm warm enough alright....think lack of fitness sees to that. All good though i dont need to purchase some funky new trousers then.
    4 wheels bad
    2 wheels good
    1 wheel for fun
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I do the same. If I wore trousers they'd get caught in the chain rings and get chewed up.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    Same here ! Fleeced Lycra longs with baggys over the top !
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • Yep, I do it this way as well and couldn't care less about the sniggering.
    My Amp Goes Up to Eleven
    2010 Merlin Malt 1
    2000 KHE Beater
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Uusally wear baggies over the top of Ron Hills (Lycra liner on the bottom). I even wear the baggies over the top on the road bike if it's cold enough. You really don't want the cold to get into your thigh muscles, it's a horrible situation to get into.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • On a similar note, does anyone wear kneepads over lycra tights? I'm thinking of doing it, but also think it might turn out to be really uncomfortable (and it's not something you can really practice beforehand without sitting around your flat for hours wearing lycra tights and kneepads...)
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    edited January 2010
    On a similar note, does anyone wear kneepads over lycra tights? I'm thinking of doing it, but also think it might turn out to be really uncomfortable (and it's not something you can really practice beforehand without sitting around your flat for hours wearing lycra tights and kneepads...)

Yeah it's no drama, makes 'em slightly more likely to slip, but other than that.

TBH - the only MTB Faux Pa's I know is not wearing a lid and riding a waymarked trail the wrong way. I could be wrong though.
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    P-Jay wrote:
    On a similar note, does anyone wear kneepads over lycra tights? I'm thinking of doing it, but also think it might turn out to be really uncomfortable (and it's not something you can really practice beforehand without sitting around your flat for hours wearing lycra tights and kneepads...)

Yeah it's no drama, makes 'em slightly more likely to slip, but other than that.

TBH - the only MTB Faux Pa's I know is not wearing a lid and riding a waymarked trail the wrong way. I could be wrong though.

P.S. AND BLOODY LITTERING - They want shooting.
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    It would be a faux-pas for anyone to care what you're wearing....