Mr and Mrs Schleck

Tusher
Tusher Posts: 2,762
edited January 2010 in Pro race
Hearts are broken throughout Luxembourg. But it's ok, the cute one is still available.

http://www.podiumcafe.com/2010/1/2/1230 ... his-fiance

I have devoted/wasted much time to surfing the interweb searching for photographs of the happy couple (and the wedding gown) for you, but have failed.

The expectant father is delighted that the due date for the prototype Schleck is going to be convenient- as he told Cyclingnews.

"I'm going to be a daddy. I can't believe it," he said, "It's due on May 5 which is a great date. April 25 is Liège-Bastogne-Liège and I really want to win that race and dedicate it to mother and baby. The baby will come right in my break between Classics and Tour of Luxembourg, which I won last year. So having it in between that break will be good as I'll be at home resting anyway."

Because babies always arrive when they're supposed to.

And once the prototype Schleck is born, dear Frank, you may be at home, but you ain't gonna be doing much resting.

Still, best wishes to the happy couple.

Comments

• So presumably she's going to be Schleck the Third?
  • no no it'll be: Star Shleck: The Next Generation.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    Our own 'Hello' style thread, :oops: nice.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • My own little cherub is due 6th May. There can be no doubt that a future TDF winner will born at the end of April/May. The stars are aligning and The Prodigy will be born.
  • Tusher wrote:
    The expectant father is delighted that the due date for the prototype Schleck is going to be convenient- as he told Cyclingnews.
    Because babies always arrive when they're supposed to.

Haha Tusher, I thought exactly the same thing, until I realised that there is a big enough gap in his race schedule (tour de lux = june) for him to be basically talking sense. IF he can get through the classics without the baby arriving...
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    What's the betting the Schlecklet will decide to arrive a few hours before the Liege race?

Oh, and in years to come, when Baby Prodigy becomes the first woman to win a stage of he Tour, I shall remember this thread. Hope all goes well, and Mrs Prodigy is in good health.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    Andy signed a shirt for us outside their hotel in TdF in 08.
    Should have copied his hand writing and forged a wedding invite!
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Maybe in a few years the young Schleck will be good enough to take off his stabilizers and have a happy ceremony where he and his offspring can ride ride off into the sunset! Bless!

-Jerry

(Yes, I do think F. Schleck is the wobbliest rider in the top 5000 UCI ranked riders.)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Of course, if the new Mrs. Schleck needs a gynecologist, Frankie boy knows who to call.