cycle promotions 1 day sales?

richg1979
richg1979 Posts: 1,087
edited January 2010 in MTB general
theres a cycle promotions sale day not too far from me on sunday, are these anygood? dont seem to be much info online, are they cheaper than online prices? what sort of stuff do they sell ect?

Comments

• CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I've been down to the shop outside Barnsley and not a bad place for cheap chains, clothing and the like. It's nearly always the last years range but consumables and the like don't change that much. Just don't go thinking that you'll be picking up the latest kit at rock bottom prices.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    If it's this place

http://www.cycle-promotions.co.uk/index.html

Then get there very early ie, front of the queue and know exactly what you want. Tyres and inner tubes gone instantly, so are good wheels. on-one and planet x stuff sometimes appear.

Lots of cheap (some nasty) tools. Loads of people crammed into a leisure centre all fighting for a feel.

I like the them, but don't expect great bargains, although I have seen some!
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • loltoride
    loltoride Posts: 460
    Sometimes there good and you will pick up a few deals but I have found most things you can find better on the internet. Unless the items are discontinued and they have a few in stock then generally the prices will be competitive. I personally don’t do them but you never know.
    So Far!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I used to work for the guys that run it. Good bike shop, well run and the sales are great. As above, not always the latest kit, but great for certain things.

Hello Paul Murray.