Never sell a good bike

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,376
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
The purchase of a road bike last summer forced the sale of my mountain bike.

I was pleased as punch at the time having bought it for £130 and resold it for £130, however I did have a slight pang of regret (like the feeling you get moving house)

Now, in this weather I really miss it and find myself with the uncontrollable urge to buy an MTB

3369856031_1b1757fb75_m.jpg

Never sell a good bike.
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    Agreed. And especially never sell a good bike for a bad reason.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Reducing the number of bikes you own is nearly always a bad plan :)
  • Tariq
    Tariq Posts: 55
    I agree, never sell a good bike, it is like a loyal friend.

I've had by Scott hybrid for four years and use it every day. I've toyed with getting a new bike so many times. But in the end I am glad I have kept this bike, i would regret it immediately if I sold it. And there is no way I want two bikes!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Tariq please leave this thread. Clearly you do not understand the basic rule of cycling :D:wink:

Somebody enlighten him please..............
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    edited January 2010
    Who broke my sig?

that is all, really CW why do we put up with these peeps :wink: :P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    itboffin wrote:
    I'm on the way [sniper rifle] at the ready[/relax] luck for you i'm MASSOOOFLY retired else i'd put a cap in yo ars*!

that is all, really CW why do we put up with these peeps :wink: :P

My hero!!! :lol:
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    Yup - rescued a full sus Scott from a skip last year, put it back on the road for an outlay of £15 - rode it to work once - sold it to a colleague for £50 - I mean it's not I was ever going to need some tractor-tyred, bouncing monstrosity like that is it .