Twitter
    Flickr
  • Thanks redddraggon

Its a standard performance fit 08 madone
    Charge knife saddle
    Halo mercury white wheels
    120 mm bontrager stem
    Bar tape maybe changed to white in the future
    If i had a better background i would have used it, hope everything else ticks all the right boxes?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Definitely get some white bar tape (Fizik Microtex is white and stays white).

And if you're comfortable with the bar/saddle height, etc - get your front steerer cut down and get rid of those ugly spacers on top of the stem!

Otherwise - nice bike!
  • The spacers will be out and forks cut down asap. Picked the bike up on ebay a few months ago and its just sitting until the weathers better,just put the wheels on, forks are the next job..... Bar and saddle height are great... Had to buy a new longer seat mast though.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is it not one size too small?

Looks like a 56 and you need a 58?
  • I used to ride a 58 madone but i saw some photos of me riding in a sportive and it looked a little large, i went on the trek website and at my height 6ft it says im bang in the middle for a 56.
    It feels better than the 58 did, i think the size is right but i probably should have gone for a pro fit, not the performance fit.
    I have quite long legs and the bike came with the 120mm post, it now has the 160mm one..
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I used to ride a 58 madone but i saw some photos of me riding in a sportive and it looked a little large, i went on the trek website and at my height 6ft it says im bang in the middle for a 56.
    It feels better than the 58 did, i think the size is right but i probably should have gone for a pro fit, not the performance fit.
    I have quite long legs and the bike came with the 120mm post, it now has the 160mm one..

I'm 6 feet and have the 56cm Madone. http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12669887

Mine is the Pro fit. I had a 5.2 Performance fit before and it felt bigger (due to the taller head tube). Pro fit is smaller but fits me fine. Same seat post as yours on mine too.
  • Cool white walls, but get those forks cut down asap!
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    I am 6ft - and also plumped for the 56cm (although performance fit not pro).. sadly still waiting for my bike so cannot confirm how it is working out for me!
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    Another one who's 6ft and on a 56 Madone. Did the bikefit process and apparently I have short arms, so 56 is a better fit
  • amnesia
    amnesia Posts: 118
    That looks lovely - nice purchase :D
    2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
    1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !
  • It looks far better in the flesh, ill opost abetter pic when i get the white tape.. Only done a short ride so far but it feels great! :D
  • bexley5200
    bexley5200 Posts: 692
    stunning looking bike, the dogs bollocks
    going downhill slowly