Shimano MP66 shoe sizing

hulabalooza
hulabalooza Posts: 52
edited January 2010 in MTB general
I've heard that shimano Mp66 shoe sizing can be quite irregular and was wondering if anyone has a rough idea of what size I would need as a British size 11? Would 47 be alright as they dont have size 48s on sale at CRC anymore? :)
Thanks

Comments

• joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    ye, prob, i normaly take 40-41, but my mp66's are 43
    I like bikes and stuff
  • All I can say is I had to go up 2 sizes with the Simano MD076, I am normally 43 but in Shimano a 45 is required.
    Audio, Video, Disco

8.6 Mile daily commute
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I've got 2 pairs, black and white, I'm an 11 UK and both pairs are EU 45 and fit fine + I have very wide feet - was off the scale in Clarks as a kid.
  • bike-a-swan
    bike-a-swan Posts: 1,235
    my trainers are 44, so are my mp66s
    Rock Lobster 853, Trek 1200 and a very old, tired and loved Apollo Javelin.
  • Awesome :D should be ordering a pair soon then
    Are they any good with flat pedals though? I was planning on using them mostly with spds but with flats every now and again so was wondering if they work well with them
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    They won't work quite as well as a shoe with full grip (no cleat) and the rubber is fairly hard, but over normal trainers you get the advantage of a ridgid sole for more direct power transfer.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    ye, they are actually quite good on flats, not as good as my MTB specific flat shoes, but still OK, even with cleats installed...
    I like bikes and stuff