Things you wish you'd invented but .......

Jay dubbleU
Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
..someone else got there first :cry:

Comments

• Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    This thread!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Money
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Wallace1492
    cjw wrote:
    Money

that would be quite a hard one to get accepted.

"Right, I give you this bit of paper/crafted metal and you give me all your land, livestock and worldly goods, but dont worry, some guy up the road will give you his horse, cart and wife for some of that paper, then you can use more of that paper to exchange for food, lodgings and a lovely town house - honest!"

"Then, many moons from now, there will be huge companies that just exchange bits of paper for other bits of paper and bring the world to its knees!

I don't think it will take off...
  • buying up dirt cheap bombed out land after the war and calling it a National Car Park.

or Tetra Pak - billionaires from waterproofed cardboard, magnificent achievement.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    cjw wrote:
    Money

"Right, I give you this bit of paper/crafted metal and you give me all your land, livestock and worldly goods, but dont worry, some guy up the road will give you his horse, cart and wife for some of that paper, then you can use more of that paper to exchange for food, lodgings and a lovely town house - honest!"

"Then, many moons from now, there will be huge companies that just exchange bits of paper for other bits of paper and bring the world to its knees!

Fits in your wallet easier than goats? The guy who invented it must've been a helluva salesman
  • Wallace1492
    cjw wrote:
    Money

Fits in your wallet easier than goats? The guy who invented it must've been a helluva salesman

Maybe fits in wallet easier than a goat, but you can't marry it!! Then again, quite a few are married to money.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4748292.stm
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Ring pulls on top of cans

yes i am having a can of beer at the moment :D
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • cjw wrote:
    Money

Ah, you mean the Goat Standard. Ended after WW1 as they ran out of goats.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    The bicycle.

What an invention.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    iain_j wrote:
    The bicycle.

What an invention.

You'd be dead now if you'd invented that :D
    Faster than a tent.......
  • iain_j