Things that really shouldn't be invented

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
As per the other thread but this for things that we haven't invented and really shouldn't invent.

For example - IMO the worst thing we could invent would be a perpetual motion machine. That would lead to the end of the earth as we know it. Many people would no doubt think it the answer to all our problems but it would effectively make energy free. Once there is no cost to making things, society will fall apart.
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Hang on let me get this right.

A thread to come up with ideas of things that haven't been invented and that shouldn't be invented.... How about this thread? A different type of math? An Eastenders spin-off?

Lol, I amuse myself.

But seriously, I think my efforts would be better spent coming up with things that don't exist but could do with existing. Like a self-sustaining powersource or a matter-antimatter reactor that could create a warp bubble protecting the obect as the reaction folds space so Mankind can reach the stars proper.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rolf_f
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But seriously, I think my efforts would be better spent coming up with things that don't exist but could do with existing. Like a self-sustaining powersource .

Noooooo, as per my post, that's the worst thing that could be invented. It really would ruin the planet. And no fair posting competing threads before this one has even got going! Sci fi inventions indeed :lol:
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Courgettes.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    A self cleaning suit, that you could always wear without it ever needing to be cleaned, and it keeps clean, odor free, and always pressed and smart.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    A self cleaning suit, that you could always wear without it ever needing to be cleaned, and it keeps clean, odor free, and always pressed and smart.

That might make a <strikethrough>good</strikethrough> film.
  • Wallace1492
    jimmypippa wrote:

That might make a <strikethrough>good</strikethrough> film.

Ah, know what you mean, but was not thinking about that at all, must have been in there somewhere!! Whooops!
  • rolf_f
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Courgettes.

That's insane - the world would be so much better if only someone invented courgettes. It will probably never happen though :(
  • cjw
    cjw Posts: 1,889
    Rolf F wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Courgettes.

That's insane - the world would be so much better if only someone invented courgettes. It will probably never happen though :(

I've spent 30 years of my life trying to invent a courgette, then I walked past a bloody field one day and they were only growing there by themselves. Selfish bastards :evil:

30 years wasted :x :cry:
    London to Paris Forum
    http://cjwoods.com/london2paris

Scott Scale 10
    Focus Izalco Team
  • Broccoli Ice Cream
  • Wallace1492
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Ring pulls on cans :wink:

It looked far cooler to use those can pierce tools on each side of a can and then take a swig
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • rolf_f
    I think you need another can of beer :lol:
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    Will do soon as the wife brings one in from the kitchen :wink:
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate