BdeB
BdeB Posts: 110
edited January 2010 in Pro race
I know which i would go for.

Comments

• Me too!
    2ebvfci.png
    Certainly, in a different league to Sky!!! :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Unless they are using Nissan Skylines ? ;-)
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    I am glad I don't have to pay for the fuel bill for those Jags eh.. They are pretty thirsty fockers
    cartoon.jpg
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    It's a Ford Mondeo with some fancy branding on top, no?
  • camerone
    camerone Posts: 1,232
    Kléber wrote:
    It's a Ford Mondeo with some fancy branding on top, no?

not the pictured xfr no. i notice in spain they've x type which is the mondeo in a fancy frock. the xfr was obvioulsy wheeled in for the launch - if they used them for classics they'd be refuelling before the end!
  • Wow that is such a pratical car...just enough room for a tyre lever...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,572
    i'd imagine it's no less practical than any other estate car
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    I've said it before, i'll say it again... those big skoda's are hard to beat for a team support car.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    aarw wrote:
    I've said it before, i'll say it again... those big skoda's are hard to beat for a team support car.

Hard to beat isn't always the best fun!
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Me too!
    2ebvfci.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • I spoke to a lady from the event company for Jag and she said that the estate model used currently is being discontinued so Jag had these mocked up for the day. Spend a whole day getting them all 'stickered' up. Stunning cars though.
    FCN 4
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    aarw wrote:

We hired a Skoda whilst holidaying in Crete.

The four of us got a sedan and managed to pack 4 x large suitcases, 4 x overnight bags and 2 x guitars (in cases) all in the boot / on back ledge.

I agree - roomy as. That use the Wagons as the TDU here, and they are even better.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    Personally, I think gas cars on a bike route is idiotic. They should only allow electric or hydrogen or air cars during the race.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    donrhummy wrote:
    Personally, I think gas cars on a bike route is idiotic. They should only allow electric or hydrogen or air cars during the race.

I take it you're not too familiar with the reasons behind the birth of the Tour?
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    donrhummy wrote:

electric cars can barely cover 200Km on 1 charge and hyrdogen fuel stations are hard to come by in apline villages
  • Me too!
    2ebvfci.png

You're forgetting it's LA's team, so it'll be more like this:

the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-hans-s15-20060616025826178.jpg

Old but with a few performance enhancing additions. (of a purely techincal kind, of course :wink: )
  • Orange and blue?
    Can't compete with this!

rabovan_medium.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • AO1504
    AO1504 Posts: 57
    I'd go for one that was able to keep equipment like bikes on the roof.
  • edeverett
    edeverett Posts: 224
    Orange and blue?
    rabovan_medium.jpg

Surely that's only used for transporting the medical equipment.

"Hi, we're from WADA can we have see what you've got in the van?"

"WARNING : This van is fitted with an anti-hijack device and the driver is unable to open the safe."

:-)