Cyclocross tyres how skinny can you get?

salsarider79
salsarider79 Posts: 828
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I have a specialized Langster which I use to commute to work, but the 25c slick tyres are not the best for the roads at the mo. As so many people are off work, I thought I could use this as an excuse to find someone willing to find something that will fit.

I need an on one pompino.....

p.s. thank you all in advance
jedster wrote:
Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.

Comments

• Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Mine are 35c Conti Speed Kings - they feel a bit knobbly at low speeds but not too bad when going faster on the road and grip is good - think I will swap them at some stage for 32 Marathons
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    I race on 32mm Vittoria XM Pros - which is about as narrow as you can get. I haven't tried them on road ever, but they rock on the rough stuff, and are amazing in mud (which isn't surprising as they are the mud version).
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I've got Michelin Mud 2s 30mm. Possibly not grippy enough in a race, but great in the snow today!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    30mm - interesting! I reckon they'd probably be mega in the mud - they'd cut straight through it!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    I have put 28mm Marathon Plus on my Tricross, though only use it for commutimg on roads and canal bank type tracks. Find them fine, but not been on in ages due to injury.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"