Marin Palisades Trail

Flynny2010
Flynny2010 Posts: 72
edited June 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi everybody,

Just dipped into my pocket and bought a Marin Palisades Trail 2010.

I have been out of biking for awhile now and the last bike I had was a GT Avalanche - Now sadly passed away!

I have already picked up some new tips and look forward to many more.

Thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hi and welcome to Bikeradar!
  • russboy
    russboy Posts: 436
    I picked up a 2009 Palisades Trail a few months back, got quit a few quid off as well because it was the 2009 model, tis good fun though

376616069.jpg
  • Yeah I looked at a few 2009 models! And for some bizarre reason my better half told me to go for the 2010 model!

What she is after I have yetto find out! Lol!
  • Hey buddy i've just ordered a 2010 Marin Palisades Trail myself! Real excited and can't wait to get it out on the trails - haven't mountain biked since I was 17 so could be interesting! How are you finding yours? Any problems i'll need to look out for? Oddly enough my mrs advised me to go for the more expensive palisades over the bobcat trail! Who was I too argue! Really can't fathom women at times!!!!
  • Flynny2010
    Flynny2010 Posts: 72
    Hi mate,

nice to see another man with what I class as taste! Haha! I love it and use it for my commute to work everyday and getting out over the weekend for abit if off road action! I haven't had any real problems to be honest, the usual gear probs once the cables stretch but these can be sorted easlily enough!

Enjoy the bike mate, I know I do! :-)
  • Bertbean
    Bertbean Posts: 2
    I have had a 2009 Palisades trail since last September and love it. I've been out of MTBin for about 10 years. I've added a few upgrades to mine like a shorter stem and wider bars. The only real problem I had was with the front mech. It didn't matter what I did with it I couldn't get it to run smoothly on the smallest chain ring. The back of the mech seemed to hit the frame all the time. I sorted this by upgrading to an XT front mech (and longer gear cable)which had a cut out on the back. Since then its been fine. Other than the forks being a bit soft for my weight I can't fault this bike. It looks fantastic and rides nicely.
  • I had some mates who've been riding for years saying some negative things about Marin but brought my first decentish bike 4 months ago, Marin's shoreline trail 2010 and i've thrown it around a lot beyond what a bike that price should be expected to do and it's solid! Responsive and confidence inspiring i cant fault it. Sure i'll be upgrading a few things but i'll defininetly be riding it for a fair while even when I treat my self to another bike next year :) Pailsade looks proper smart in the white too. Is there a thing for white bikes recently?