Sod it... we're going out cycling.

weeksy59
weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
edited January 2010 in MTB general
It's quiet in work so me and a mate are heading over the downs for a good old cycle and a pint in the pub.

Should get plenty of unwalked snow apart from possibly the odd deer.

Should be interesting having no clue what's under the snow.

Comments

• Belv
    Belv Posts: 866
    Hard ground!
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Have fun, my daughters school is shut today so thats my riding gone out of the window :cry:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    scale20 wrote:
    Have fun, my daughters school is shut today so thats my riding gone out of the window :cry:

+1
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    I've got her helping me strip my other halfs frame (she's 4) and she's lovin it :lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • weeksy59
    The wife wasn't able to go to work so i'm leaving the 2 of them to it for a while. She seems to be having issues with our boy at the moment, i don't think they're bestest friends. :P
  • weeksy59
    Well that was one of my more stupid ideas.

pics later :)
  • weeksy59
    JESUS grip is tough on the climbs,worse in the tractor ruts though, staying on line is impossible when you can't see it.

P100106_122858.jpg
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    I went out on a trail today but came off it quite soon as I could walk with the bike by my side faster that I could ride... lol

Cycling on the road is pretty cool now though - with the cars going slow due to the snow! :P
  • You're right about the grip, it's phenominal! My 2.4 Conti Mountain Kings were gripping the snow really well, made for hard work!
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Lucky you've got black tyres on that weeksy or you'd put it down and lose it :lol:

Bike looks good mate and snow riding is fuuuuuun!
  • If you lot think its fun, great. I just want to bugger off somewhere warm where I don't have to ride through 5cms of snow. The road from where I live to the main road is lethal.

The only good thing is that my girlfriend gets to build a snowman or two. Keeps her happy for a bit. Before anyone asks she's 23.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    The only good thing is that my girlfriend gets to build a snowman or two. Keeps her happy for a bit. Before anyone asks she's 23.

I'm 27, had the day of work yesterday so went sledging and made a snowman. Unleash your inner child! :D
  • had a lovely ride yesterday in some woods with a club mate quite hard going up any grade even minor.

and hidden frozen ruts etc.

but a blast as Esher Woods normally is far from technical normally.