Holy Bat-Bleepers I'm snowed in!!

2»

Comments

• This was what you said wasn't it?

erm...hang on. you just said that the Met Office predicted snow for Manchester, right? And there was snow in Manchester. So they got it right.

So explain how saying 1-5m when it actually snows 8" is getting it right?

That is what I said, yes. Can you show me where I said that 'I really think that 1-5cm is that same as 8"!! '?

They predicted snow....it snowed. Didn't it? Do you wait to see how much snow there is before deciding whether it has snowed or not?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    The press need stories though dont they. Where is the interest in "Thick Snow - but business as normal" ?

Lots of businesses are carrying on - but some arent.

I dont NEED to be in work to do my thing - laptops are wonderful. Anyway - the school boilers bust - so someone needs to be at home to make sure the child isnt burning the house down or something.

BTW - I can heartily reccomend Magic Spikers - grips that fit over your shoes like mini crampons. I walk to work and normally I'd be slipping and sliding all over the place - but these are great.
  • Well, as predicted, no mail left the Shirley depot today (we were sent home at 1200)! :twisted:

Car would not tick over this morning, struggled to even open the door, had to bus in. Main roads were fine, but not so good off them. However, it was nowhere near as bad as the Wednesday before Xmas.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mattybain
    mattybain Posts: 115
    This was what you said wasn't it?

erm...hang on. you just said that the Met Office predicted snow for Manchester, right? And there was snow in Manchester. So they got it right.

So explain how saying 1-5m when it actually snows 8" is getting it right?

That is what I said, yes. Can you show me where I said that 'I really think that 1-5cm is that same as 8"!! '?

They predicted snow....it snowed. Didn't it? Do you wait to see how much snow there is before deciding whether it has snowed or not?

No I wait and see how much there is before I decide to drive / cycle to work, so yes in my mind there is a world of difference between predicting a light and heavy fall of snow. Obviously in your world there isn't. Let's leave it at that.
    26km each way commute on a Decathlon Comp 1 2006 Road Bike

2009 Communting Totals - Car 112 miles Bike 2,765 miles
  • Nick6891
    Nick6891 Posts: 274
    i think the councils have done quite well at dealing with the snow, its the usual uneducated people who cant drive on snow (also learner drivers arnt allowed to drive in snow so this isnt suprising) and we just dont make the effort to go out in the cold.

Alot of people ive heard say ohhh i couldnt get to work cos i almost slipped and i was too scared to drive, 1, walk more carefully, and two get a taxi and get your work to pay for it lol

i think we have to take a step back and when we say "the UK is crap in this weather" its more along the lines of alot of brits cant be bothered to make the effort to get into work