How long does it take?

Tonymufc
Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
I ordered my new winter/commute bike last week on the bike to work scheme, and I was just wondering how long does it normally take from ordering the voucher to collecting the bike. Cheers Tony.

Comments

• Neillyy
    Neillyy Posts: 15
    Mine was pretty quick, a few days as I recall.

Hope you've got tyres with spikes then ? :P
  • Tonymufc
    I've just ordered some snow chains. :lol:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I walked into the shop with my voucher and walked out with my bike, I think it depends on your scheme and supplier.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Cyclescheme took about 5 weeks from start to finish - but it would have been 2 and a half if it wasn't for work being slack and snow holding up the post.
  • Tonymufc
    Canny Jock wrote:
    Cyclescheme took about 5 weeks from start to finish - but it would have been 2 and a half if it wasn't for work being slack and snow holding up the post.

Actually I should of been more specific. Its with cyclescheme and not the bike to work scheme. I work for a large company that have just implemented this the scheme and rolled it out to all of its employees nation wide. I can live with the 5 week wait, but if it runs into months then I can see myself losing patience with the whole thing. The H.R. dept weren't much help to be honest. All they did was direct me to the web site, and had virtually no advice about the scheme. Fingers crossed then for the start of next month.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    I was the first person in the company to do it - the main delay was my company forgot to make the payment to cyclescheme, I had to chase them and it took 2 weeks.

Then the voucher was posted to the HR scheme organiser who was on holiday - they have to post it to this person. She also works in a different office, they then posted it to me during the pre-Christmas snow.

Cyclescheme however were very efficient, and helpful when I called them - each time they explained where it was in the process and what needed to happen next.
  • Tonymufc
    I do plan to to annoy the sh1t out of our H.R. dept should they start dragging their heels over this. The demand for the scheme is high which may of surprised a lot of people within the company. 40% off the full price of a brand new bike obviously appeals to wide range of people. Even the supposedly non-cyclists.
  • Tonymufc
    Just a quick update. I recieved my confirmation email today from cyclescheme telling me that my employer has approved my application and I should recieve my voucher within a couple of weeks. Whoopeeeeeeee! New bike, daddys coming to get you.