Cardiff Newbie...

martymo
martymo Posts: 2
edited August 2010 in Women
Hello,
Just joined the forum and am new to the mtb world, find myself hitting 30 and have been safely wrapped up in relationship comfort until fairly recently :cry: ...now i'm trying to... get a life basically... get fit, lose a few pounds, meet some new people etc etc

I've always done quite a lot of activities, snowboarding/skiing/diving/horseriding/kite flying but its time to try something different, for some unknown reason :roll: i bought a bike before Christmas and have just been pootling round local lanes/off road tracks etc. I'm not overly fit - its something to work on but i'd always try and keep up one way or another!

So is anyone around Cardiff area and fancies meeting up with a newbie - i know i havent really sold the idea well here but might as well be honest!

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Well I live in Newport in a house of 3 bikers, and we often ride Cwm.. and head down to Afan(port talbot way) so if you wanna ride sometime PM me.

Just to be wanred we are all fat with winter moind and haven't been out myself ina couple of months so need to shed some fat here
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Hello,

I'm from north cardiff myself and must say the riding around here is pretty uninspiring. Like thewaylander mentioned I think alot of people travel to Cwmcarn, relatively near and a good 3-4 hours challenging riding to be had, have you been there yet? I'm yet to do Afan but want to take a trip there soon. Only problem with Cwm atm is snow i'm guessing? I didnt manage to get around a week and a half ago. I'll be doing Cwm again shortly, can always meet up there or arrange something similar, I normally ride by myself as all my cycle mates are contracting in Germany for the next year. A good local ride would be starting in Lisvane and ending on Philly mountain, again a good 3-4 hours depending, just dont get bored too quickly by pootling around town when theres so much mroe to be had :D

EDIT: didnt realise you were a woman, i don't loiter around the womans forum, although that is what everyone will now assume :roll: :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Hi - I live in North Cardiff and regularly go out around Rudry Mountain/ ridgeway/ Caerphilly mountain. You're welcome to join me, b/f and teenage son on the weekend!

Or could organise a girly ride with some of my riding buddies a bit futher afield.
    We do some evening rides when it's a bit lighter.
  • cgarossi
    cgarossi Posts: 729
    Cwmcarn regular here.

Happy to have someone new tag along :)
  • hi guys ,just back from llangeth rode to port eynon , fab amazing views,hard in places had to carry up some slimbs ,worth it though,grand weekend.ok im a male chilling having a nose to see what your ladies chat about ,same as us men i guess. .,i live in merthyr thydfill so if any of your guys/girls in cardiff any where fancy doing some local trails /afan /cwm gower im easy ,ride with a femail friend of mine, marcell - yeah be good to meet sum new faces,wat ever level ( merthyr ,s steep ,be warned ) bye the way im 45 hate it cant wait to be 46 love valentino rossi ,december party,take it easy
  • think i better go to bed ,just checked last post / to many kronenbourg;s i can spell honest ha ha ,