More snow

fcumok
fcumok Posts: 283
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Work closed on my second day back :D Out on the bike today

Comments

• the west midlands has a severe weather warning today with alot of snow due so fingers crossed i mite get out of work for a day of riding if its too bad to drive :D
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Currently snowing very heavily here in Dud-lay. There are about eight cars on the car park including mine :? :roll:
  • :shock: :shock: :shock: west brom is now burried lol :D

• M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    6 inches here in Macclesfield, all schools and nurseries shut, can't even get to the main road!!!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    west brom is now burried
    Probably not a bad thing :twisted:
  • M6TTF wrote:
    6 inches here in Macclesfield, all schools and nurseries shut, can't even get to the main road!!!

its eading down south now !!!
  • .blitz wrote:
    west brom is now burried
    Probably not a bad thing :twisted:

no definetly not!! best thing for it IMO i mite even get to go home earlier....

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Damn, I used to work in West Brom, in Warwick now (a change for the better!), and the skies are fairly clear. I think I repel snow!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87 wrote:
    Damn, I used to work in West Brom, in Warwick now (a change for the better!), and the skies are fairly clear. I think I repel snow!

they got snow about an hour after here whaere i live so its moving down country u may get some soon :lol:

• bails87
    bails87 wrote:

they got snow about an hour after here whaere i live so its moving down country u may get some soon :lol:
    I better, the Long Mynd ride was snowed off, but we never got 'real' snow round here, it just ruins my fun without giving anything back! :lol:
    MTB/CX

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    going home in a minute before it kicks in down here.
  • bails87
    Booyah! Heavy snow for the drive home, should be fun.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/ ... ea=Warwick
    MTB/CX

• ATM its blue skys over here in bedford nothing at all
  • fcumok
    fcumok Posts: 283
    Just got back. That was awesome! There's about a foot of the stuff here in North Yorks. Came off once in quite a spectacular fashion going down a hill at speed. Luckily the soft stuff saved me :lol:
  • ploppy
    ploppy Posts: 173
    hopefuly we'll get some to play in tomorrow morning' glad im lates and can go play.
    go flat out or fall out!
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    North wales is getting smashed by the snow. There was a 6 car pile up on the hill outside my house, someone smashed into the back of my other halfs car but hey feck it, its not mine I'm off out for a ride 8) 8)

Pic's to follow or it didnt happen :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    It's coming down thick and fast here in Derby now. Just started. Looking very wintry though. Glad I picked the MTB for the commute this morning! Can't wait for the ride home!
  • bails87
    Been sent home :D

Might go for a ride

But I should be working, so I might go for a night ride in the snow instead!
    MTB/CX

• jayson
    jayson Posts: 4,606
    It was snowing a blizzard in york this mornin when i left for work at half 6 and was awful to ride in cos it kept clingin to my glasses so i was riding blind until i stopped to clear them.

It was still snowing up until bout a couple hrs ago now its seems to have stopped thankfully, would love to get out and have a ride but work comes first :(
  • Halifax and surrounding is heavily covered. Been snowing since early morning and still going!
  • scale20
    Well, I got out even if it was for about an hour and a half, and during that time probably only covered about 10k!

Deep snow on the climb up to the trail slowed it right down, even had to use the granny ring (I will beat myself with a stick later for that!)

Got to the mountain trails about a mile and half climb from my house and decided to keep the trip short.

2010_01050009.jpg

Up this track

2010_01050013.jpg

Heading for the tops in the cloud and blizzards

2010_01050011.jpg

Got so far and turned round due to the fact that the going was pretty hard, you could only see about 20-30m up the track and the blizzard snow was getting into every opening in my clothing and blowing me off the track.

Oh and my bike was getting cold :lol::lol:

2010_01050015.jpg

Just treated it to a nice warm soapy bucket of water and a drip dry in the nice warm kitchen.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • rhext
    Huh, snowed for about 5 minutes here and then stopped! That's hardly fair!
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    scale20 wrote:
    North wales is getting smashed by the snow. There was a 6 car pile up on the hill outside my house, someone smashed into the back of my other halfs car but hey feck it, its not mine I'm off out for a ride 8) 8)

:lol::lol:
    would love to have seen your misses face as you rode over the wreckage of her car
    on your bike , waving as you go.
    :D
  • bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    rhext wrote:
    It's coming down thick and fast here in Derby now. Just started. Looking very wintry though. Glad I picked the MTB for the commute this morning! Can't wait for the ride home!

where abouts in derby ?
    im at work in burton at the mo, nothing much here, home to derby latter,
    should be at ladybower thursday, if we can get there :lol:
  • scale20
    biff55 wrote:
    scale20 wrote:

:lol::lol:
    would love to have seen your misses face as you rode over the wreckage of her car
    on your bike , waving as you go.
    :D

She went to work on the bus this morning so she's not seen it yet!

Shifted mine as soon as it happened :lol::lol:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • rhext
    bamba wrote:
    rhext wrote:

where abouts in derby ?
    im at work in burton at the mo, nothing much here, home to derby latter,
    should be at ladybower thursday, if we can get there :lol:

See my second post. It stopped. You wait ten years for a decent winter and then it snows on everyone else.....
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    :D I don't have any down in the south west. just rain atm
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • oh yes its just started bucketing it down for the 2nd time today :lol:

• Here is one from my ride today, the only one that photobucket will resize, for some reason all the others stay big when embedded but not on the site. I dont understand it. Riding into the woods was like something out of narnia, as bent as it sounds it really was magical, completely untouched snow all twinkling. :oops:

DSCF0235.jpg
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • scale20
    north-sure wrote:
    as bent as it sounds it really was magical, completely untouched snow all twinkling. :oops:

Yeah thats bent :lol::lol:

It was like that riding between the hedgerows up to the hills. mental innit!
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.