Today, i tried something different, Pics inside

blakef111
blakef111 Posts: 374
edited January 2010 in MTB general
Here goes, last week i realised the tyres on my xc bike are useless in this weather, so i'm changing them, however today i wanted to ride and the bike is at the shop, so... i dug out some cyclocross tyres and stuck them on the brakeless, purple fixie, my loop is nothing near as technical as trail centres but it isn't flat either, so my words to you is, try something different it'll cheer you up in this cold bleak summerless weather, enjoy! pbpic4442441.jpgpbpic4442448.jpgpbpic4442438.jpgpbpic4442435.jpg

Comments

• blakef111
    Put a helmet on you silly billy :wink:
    i'll agree with you, i rarely ride anywhere without a lid, just too cold for it today
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    blakef111 wrote:
    i'll agree with you, i rarely ride anywhere without a lid, just too cold for it today
    :?: Your helmet cools you down?
  • blakef111
    dodgy wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:
    well yes, helmets are vented, thus allowing cold air onto my head, whereas my wooly hat was nice and warm
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    blakef111 wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:
    well yes, helmets are vented, thus allowing cold air onto my head, whereas my wooly hat was nice and warm

So put your helmet over the top of it... its adjustable right? ;)
  • blakef111
    Briggo wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:

but then how does anyone see the sweet bikeshop logo on the front of it?! :lol:
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    blakef111 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:

well get a logo'd helmet then.......no excuses....... :wink:
  • Sarnian
    Sarnian Posts: 1,451
    I am a big fan of fixie, used them to commute on for the past couple of years, I did come across a site once that was for people who used fixed MTB off road :shock:
    It's not a ornament, so ride It
  • SPDmad
    SPDmad Posts: 19
    Helmets are amazing. Now, im 14 and i hate weraing it, but I came off my bike not to long ago up in Afan Valley. If i wasn't wearing a helmet, im not sure if i would be here now. Quite a big accident indeed. :mrgreen::wink:
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Get one of these

15907.jpg

I got one for Christmas, just don't wear it without the helmet cos then you look really silly :oops:
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • SPDmad
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Get one of these

15907.jpg

I got one for Christmas, just don't wear it without the helmet cos then you look really silly :oops:

LOL this looks a bit daft. but as I can imagine it probably keeps you very warm. But wearing one without a helmet would make u look like a pillock... as you have said. personally i would nether buy one! :wink :P
  • SPDmad
    This looks pritty nifty and handy. But if your swaeting alot whilst MTBing, whont the the "BUFF" be come full of your sweat. Or is there something im missing.

cheers

Josh :wink::mrgreen: :P
  • I wear a buff and I've never found I get too sweaty, in fact i wear it so it only covers the back of my head and my neck & chin, I find I overheat if i cover my whole head, I have skater style healmet though and this only has 5 or 6 small vents.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    blakef111 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:
    dodgy wrote:
    blakef111 wrote:

Just admit it, you're too cool for a helmet right :x
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    fall off and realise the only people that can see your cool bike shop logo are the paramedics trying to pull bits of fluff out of your skull.......
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Why haven't you got any snow?

Not fair...... :(