anyone go on the sky ride then ?

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited January 2010 in Pro race
what was it like ? (truth not sky hype)

Comments

• flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    Excellent. Spoke with Mr Brailsford, Mr Wiggins and met Simon Gerrans, Ben Swift and the Norwegian Nat Champ. Well organised good ride through town with the Pros alongside. 4 laps of St James Park and a musette (?) with the gatorade bottles, bar and team rider profile cards.

Loved the Jag team cars nice! The kit and bikes look top drawer most impressed

I loved it and have been on a buzz all day since.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Their team cars are Jags?

Blimey, they DO have a big budget.

Em, did the Jags have bike racks on their roofs? Just remembering Rock Racing at last year's Tour of Britain and the Saabs which didn't.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The team cars look like they've been "pimped" by Ripspeed. All they were short of was a 4" exhaust and some pumpin' "choons".
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Just seen the photos.

Kooooooool.
  • reaper2
    reaper2 Posts: 55
    best day out ever. Only time i'll ever overtake stannard and froome on a bike. Love the kit especially the gloves that only had 2 fat finger and a mitt that folded over the top. But the green gatorade bottles have got to go. Got picture taken with bradley but not very happy and feel a bit chubby in comparison. i thought Pros were supposed to put weight on in winter :twisted:
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I should have been there, but couldn't get the time off work. Had to email them back and tell them to offer my spot to someone else. I'm sure whoever it was enjoyed themselves.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    squired wrote:
    I should have been there, but couldn't get the time off work. Had to email them back and tell them to offer my spot to someone else. I'm sure whoever it was enjoyed themselves.

Same here, apart from I had booked the day off of work well in advance, before I'd even entered the draw. But then I was informed that it was a teacher training day :evil: and as i had the day off had to stay at home with Jnr and have my niece and nephew over :(