got a shorter stem = can now manual :)

JamesBrckmn
JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
edited January 2010 in MTB general
For christmas i got a new stem which was 60mm, and my old one was 100mm, and new, wider handlebars (600-680mm). And i don't know how much the handlebars helped, i think it was mainly the stem, because it put my weight further back on my bike, so i can now manual. I can't manual properly on flat, but at the pumps/rollers at my local dirt jumps i can manual a couple of meters quite well, which i know is easy for lots of you guys, but it was a big acheivement for me as i've been trying for ages. Now i need to learn how to bunnyhop!

Comments

• leon69
    leon69 Posts: 53
    cool beans !
    see if you can lend a short oen again see if it helps even more !
    I went from a 100 to a 70 and got the same and seemed to gain more control over the bike too thing am hoping to go shorter again :wink:
    If you dont bleed your not trying ...
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    Thanks.
    Has anyone got any tips on bunnyhopping (without cheating with spds)
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    loads of vids on youtube to help with any trick / technique
    some pretty good actually.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    As you can manual I assume you've got the lifting the front part up part sorted. :wink:

For the back end you need to scoop the pedals back and up with your feet. Stand next to your bike with one foot on a pedal and practice this motion, when you figure out what I mean by "scoop" you'll see it's really easy to lift the back end. You then just need to practice putting the two parts together.

There was a video of Doddy demonstrating how to bunnyhop on the site somewhere.