Contacting Specalized

detreox
detreox Posts: 171
edited January 2010 in MTB general
I broke my rear derrialler hanger on my now ageing Bighit [edit: 2002]and need to contact specalized to see if i can buy some replacements. I have been on there site and there is no E-mail adress or telephone number can someone please help :!: :?: :!:
when i start rippin i start RIPPIN

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you contact your local Spesh dealer.

Manufactures dont deal with end users but do deal with shops via their country distributors.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • as Nick Louse pointed out, SBC UK do not deal with the public

you don't need to involve Specialized when purchasing a new derailleur for your Big Hit, go to your local bike shop and ask them to supply either a suitable replacement for what you already had, or something better quality

without knowing which year your Big Hit was, its hard to recommend a good rear mech
    Call 01372 476 969 for more information on UK\'s leading freeride park - Esher Shore www.eshershore.com
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i have spoken personally with the folk at spesh and they are the business end of bike companies, gave me a warranty on a secondhand bike which i thought was jolly decent then dealt with a faulty fork in less than 2 days:

Specialized UK Limited
    Tel: +44 (0)20 8391 3516

this is who i foned about my fork, i dont know if they deal with everything or just suspension, either way, i bet they can direct you suitably, even if they confirm that you need to peak to a dealer.

if that fails try betd
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    That's one of the warranty bods numbers, used to be Mark, but may have changed! The general number is 020 8391 3500, they can put you through to the right person.
  • as Nick Louse pointed out, SBC UK do not deal with the public

you don't need to involve Specialized when purchasing a new derailleur for your Big Hit, go to your local bike shop and ask them to supply either a suitable replacement for what you already had, or something better quality

without knowing which year your Big Hit was, its hard to recommend a good rear mech

I've dealt with Specialized UK several times directly with issues I've had....
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the fact in Law is that your warranty is with the seller and not the distributor.

the seller has its own warranty route to the distributor.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • detreox
    detreox Posts: 171
    Ta
    when i start rippin i start RIPPIN
  • Ive e-mailed them a few times using this addy customerservice@specializeduk.com

Always a quick reply and very helpfull 8)
    80 x 80 is not enough pixels!!!!

http://www.monzaautomotive.com/

My bikes and a few riding pics http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12673633
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    I have personally dealt with Spesh directly numerous times and they've helped me track down spares, let me know how much I can do to a frame without harming the warranty and have assisted in obtaining warranty replacement parts through the place of purchase for my bike.

They're lovely people to deal with and very helpful.

Legally, Nick is quite right, your warranty is with your SBC dealer and not SBC, but if it's not a simple warranty claim, they are most happy to help. If it is a simple warranty claim, they are STILL most happy to help.

Customer support in the bike industry does not get any better.