My Pinarello FP3

bristolpete
bristolpete Posts: 2,255
edited February 2010 in Your road bikes
4087594502_d2c270684a.jpg

Here is my ride. Limited Ed. Pink, black and white Pinarello FP3. I have a Ritchy stem flipped to suit my style. I am updating the OEM bars this month and will likely stick PRO1 bars and stem on there. It also has a Garmin 705 rigged up. New saddle by the summer as well one hopes. Ultegra shifters and brakes with MOST Carbon crank-set. Dura Ace 7850 wheels which are just superb. 12-27 cassette. Its a great ride and a head turner, especially for my brothers little girls who love the fact uncle Pete has a pink bike!

Comments

• Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    Like it, haven't see many Pinarellos about and never seen a pink one.

Now clean that bar tape.
  • LardLover
    LardLover Posts: 676
    bar tape dude :roll:
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Its a tough crowd! :lol:
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • bristolpete
    Dont panic Captain - its going black soon, but evidence here that I actually ride this thing!
  • SCR Pedro
    SCR Pedro Posts: 912
    I like it. It would go really well with with my Lampre team kit.

Pedro
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • Chirg
    Chirg Posts: 141
    Rapha would be a better match though Pedro. Classic jersey in black, with a white arm band and bit of pink near the zip.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    MY PX SL in pink is nice with rapha condor team strip! Not to everyone's taste though!

Nice Pin, debating breaking the bank for a Sky Dogma!
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • flip that stem!
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Focus Black Hills
    Raleigh Chopper
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Sod the other comments -

IT'S POINTING THE WRONG WAY!!!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Sod the other comments -

IT'S POINTING THE WRONG WAY!!!

+1

Also, chain is on the wrong 'ring at the front. :P
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • I am thinking of buying a 2010 FP3, how do you find the bike ? Have you ever had a Cannondale Synapse to compare it against ?
  • bristolpete
    flip that stem!

The flipped stem has been helping me ride the bike after a very bad crash. I will revert to type when I can, but give me a break!
  • bristolpete
    ianeverton wrote:
    I am thinking of buying a 2010 FP3, how do you find the bike ? Have you ever had a Cannondale Synapse to compare it against ?

Love it. Fast, light and superb on 60 mile + runs. I cant fault it and it has ended my mini obsession with having Dura Ace. For now. The thing I really noticed is how well it climbs.

Tough call. I really like the black and white Cannondale Supersix at the moment and would love to buy it to compliment this machine. As a young rider Cannondale were the 'bomb' but the name 'crack and fail' came up when things went east, but they are getting it together now.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Went to see an FP3 yesterday with campag centaur. My LBS is upgrading the wheels to Fulcrum 3's. Got a carbon crankset.

I think by the colour scheme its a 2009 bike and not a 2010......whats the difference if any and how do you find yours.

I am coming off an alloy Merida so should be a revelation?
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • bristolpete
    AndyD2574 wrote:
    Went to see an FP3 yesterday with campag centaur. My LBS is upgrading the wheels to Fulcrum 3's. Got a carbon crankset.

I think by the colour scheme its a 2009 bike and not a 2010......whats the difference if any and how do you find yours.

I am coming off an alloy Merida so should be a revelation?

oddly I also had a merida which I rode into the ground. I had the 901 which was great. Carbon took a little bit of getting used too as initially it seemed slower than ali. But on a long ride the Pinarello nails it. Fantastic bike period....
  • CliveDS
    CliveDS Posts: 38
    I did a review of this bike on my blog, it's a great bike for the money.

Good luck riding it.
  • Just been to look at one of these - also considering a Wilier Mortirolo, Bianchi Infinito was in the running but too expensive. Both bikes feel good but not able to go for a decent test ride due to bad weather. Both are similar equipped with Ultegra 6700 and racing 5's.

Wilier for 1800 GPB, FP3 for 2080 euro (special offer in Germany for Ulterga equipped).

Hope to go for a decent ride on both next week - if the snow melts. In the meantime looking for any thoughts, feedback from owners to help with the decision.
  • bristolpete
    Well, Willier is a lovely bike, twitchy front end for me but nice enough over time. I love riding this bike, it really is stunning. The only other bike I would consider over it now as a Cervelo S2 which I will get over the coming couple of years....

I have my new PRO 1 Vibe bars and tape fitted and a new Fizik sadlle - looks even better now as moved to 42 from 44 bars and tied in the blacks nicely. Optically, the bike looks leaner. Next payday a PRO 1 stem and then getting some new wheels for the spring. The current stem has been put back into its natural position as I am over my inury. Pix to follow as and when.....
  • bristolpete
    Here it is as of now. I have been buying one thing a month since Xmas and I think the bikes at where I want it.

Updates include Pro Vibe S bars (42cm) and Pro Vibe S 100mm stem (Carbon), Black bar tape, new Aliante saddle, Dura Ace 785omm wheels with Open Corsa. Look Keo 2 Max Carbon. Put 500 miles on the Garmin during Feb and very happy with the bike overall. I may pick up a Pro seat post to tie it all in nicely. Happy days....

4391093582_34589c89c4.jpg

4390325257_5b253fb486.jpg

4391092740_dc6f046ef5.jpg

4390325855_91d8a2d283.jpg

4391094212_52e3331510.jpg

4391094598_5472931d17.jpg

4391093046_784104a7af.jpg

4391094952_62e3b838c9.jpg

Last but not least -

4391096278_47f695d93e.jpg
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Good work Pete. That looks bloody lovely other than that tower of spacers.
  • bristolpete
    Lagavulin wrote:
    Good work Pete. That looks bloody lovely other than that tower of spacers.

fair comment - they will be reduced over the coming months as my fitness returns and core tightens up. I think the picture makes it look exagerated a little however.

Thanks for the comment.
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Nice bike!