Race type?

fastercyclist
fastercyclist Posts: 396
edited January 2010 in Amateur race
Heya,

I just signed up to British cycling so I can do some races :D I'm on the British cycling website and I searched via calender for nearby races soon. How do I tell if it is a time trial or not? (Don't want to do one). It's classed as regional C+ race. Cannot find any indication on the club website either.

Cheers guys.

Event Details:
Competitive
Discipline: Road
Classification: Regional C+
Date: 20.02.2010
Event Website
Closing date for entries: 13.02.2010
The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome

Comments

• Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Hmm maybe TT will be fixed length like 10 or 25 when looking at stated distance if that helps.
  • There are very few TTs run under BC rules and they won't be "normal" distances. I Doubt that there are any in your area. The only one I can think of is the National TT Champs.
  • It's listed as 30 miles.

Thanks for the reply Blackhands, clears it up a bit - wasn't sure how many would be TT's. I don't think a race for 4th cats would be national TT champs. :) Cheers.
    The British Empire never died, it just moved to the Velodrome
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's listed as 30 miles.

Thanks for the reply Blackhands, clears it up a bit - wasn't sure how many would be TT's. I don't think a race for 4th cats would be national TT champs. :) Cheers.

Time Trials are run by the CTT (www.ctt.org.uk). You'll find them all listed on their website. Pretty much everything else is on the BC website.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Full details of the event types and what it all means here:
    http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... ifications

C+ bunch races are normally held on closed circuits (rather than open road) and are handicap format (ie slowest riders get a head start).