TFT Tuned

MountainPete
MountainPete Posts: 418
edited January 2010 in MTB general
I've had my Revelations for nearly 2 years now. I've never done anything to them (other than lubicate the seals) and they still seem to work fine. There are a couple of niggles that I have which don't bother me too much, but I think they are signs of the fork telling me it needs a good service (U-Turn doesn't wind out the whole 130mm, forks make a lot of noise (while compressing) when compression adjuster set to less than open).

I have heard a few good things about TFT tuned and their service does appeal to me. I'm pretty handy when it comes to sorting the bike out in the workshop, just forks/shocks do scare me a little! I am just wondering what their service will do to my forks, how often extra costs are incurred and whether people think the £79 is really worth it?

Comments

• andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    I've had rear shock serviced and 'pushed' (platform damped), I'me pleased with them.

More helpful than mojo.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,664
    They re Brilliant you ll be off the bike for 3 days max and the forks will feel like new - best 80 squids you ll spend!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    You should be able to do it yourself but the two service kits retail for around £ 40 before you even start. It'll cost more than £ 79 too, they charge you return postage on top and more if you get them to pick your forks up.

Although that said I'd heartily recommend them. They did a fantastic job on my Fox TALAS forks, 3 day turn around and that included fixing a problem with the TALAS bit. They returned all the old seals they had replaced so you can see exactly what they've done. Fantastic website and great on the phone. Expensive but worth every penny. I also second the comment about MOJO.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stumpyjon wrote:
    You should be able to do it yourself but the two service kits retail for around £ 40 before you even start. It'll cost more than £ 79 too, they charge you return postage on top and more if you get them to pick your forks up.

Although that said I'd heartily recommend them. They did a fantastic job on my Fox TALAS forks, 3 day turn around and that included fixing a problem with the TALAS bit. They returned all the old seals they had replaced so you can see exactly what they've done. Fantastic website and great on the phone. Expensive but worth every penny. I also second the comment about MOJO.

As above, I had some PIKEs tuned/pushed and they were a different fork altogether... well worth the outlay!!!
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Looking at the site it doesn't mention DT Swiss. Anyone know if they do them? Don't really want to send them to Pace for a service.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • scale20 wrote:
    Looking at the site it doesn't mention DT Swiss. Anyone know if they do them? Don't really want to send them to Pace for a service.

They don't service PACE forks unfortunately, so off to PACE you must go :cry:
  • TF Tuned are excellent - great service from them - you get a full breakdown of what they do, setup tips, and a record of what they've set them to. Can't praise them highly enough...
    Old hockey players never die - they just smell that way...
  • give TF TUNED a call, highly recommended!!!!
    Call 01372 476 969 for more information on UK\'s leading freeride park - Esher Shore www.eshershore.com
  • Tim.s
    Tim.s Posts: 515
    As above, superb service and quality workmanship.

They did my Pikes after the oil leaked out and they came back buttery smooth better than new!
    "Didn't hurt"
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    can someone please explain "pushed / platform tuned "
    is this work more than a basic service ?
    would my recons benefit from this when a service is due ?
    thanks.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    biff55 from what I understand its a low speed compression adjuster. It helps reduce pedal induced bobbing and brake dive. There is more info and prices on their website also they are very helpful over the phone give them a ring with any questions you have.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Motion Control adjusters do this anyway.
  • They had some forks from me....did a good job on `em too.

I did call them however, to see if they could supply me the rebound knob which I had lost some time ago.

The ' engineer ' who worked on my fork came to the phone and he told me he had set the rebound for me and that once set shouldnt need changing again ! :shock:

He didnt know my weight or style of riding, or what kind of tracks I use etc.... :roll:

So, yes TF Tuned are good at what they do - they are expensive - they sometimes give duff info over the phone.....
    Santa Cruz Heckler 2006
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    jairaj , thanks for your reply.