Assos Sizing

PudseyPaul
PudseyPaul Posts: 59
edited January 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi
I am looking at some assos winter bib tights in the sale, however I have no idea what sort of size I would need, I am around 5 foot 8 and have a 36-38 inch waist? Anyone got any ideas? The sizing chart seems to go off height and normally my sizes for cycle gear are often massive as they seem to make them for thin jockey like people!

I would be grateful if anyone could offer advice as to what size I would be looking at

Comments

• i'm 5.10 and the large assos is a little small on me. so i'd say perfect for a 5'8 person. only applies to assos mind you, all my other stuff is large and fits great.
    Cannondale BadBoy Rohloff
    Cannondale SuperSix / 11sp Chorus
    Ridley Excalibur / 10sp Centaur
    Steel Marin Bear Valley SE
    Twitter @roadbikedave
  • oh, and i've a 33/34 waist. i'd say plump for the large anyway. med will be too small.
    Twitter @roadbikedave
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    i'm 5.10 and the large assos is a little small on me. so i'd say perfect for a 5'8 person. only applies to assos mind you, all my other stuff is large and fits great.
    Is it too small, or are you mistaken somewhat?

Reason I ask is that I'm just shy of 6', and my medium Assos kit's the perfect size for me. If the shoulder straps are pulling on your shoulders when you're standing, they're supposed to, as then they fit perfectly when you're bent forward over the bike...
  • nope, they're definately too small, i'm pretty broad though. shoulders and thigh and they're too stretched. Large Rapha however are totally great.
    If you fancy a pair of Large Assos used very little you can PM me. otherwise they're for fleabay. F1 Mille Shorts.
    Twitter @roadbikedave