A Month out of the saddle

fatwomble
fatwomble Posts: 117
edited January 2010 in MTB general
For various reasons I haven't ridden for a Month, bloody hell I thought I was about to bring my lungs up at one point today and it was only an 8 mile ride.

Way to much food and drink

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    Better get out there tomorrow then too :)
  • lol...I haven't ridden for about 3 weeks either!
    Planning riding to work as of monday and i'm gonna DIIIEEEEEE!!!!

Reckon they'll laugh at me with my fan on, gulping from my camel bak and sweating like a fat guy in a cake shop?.... I do :lol:
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    ^^ very slack !
    i've been out riding and training over xmas like a good boy 8)
  • biff55 wrote:
    ^^ very slack !
    i've been out riding and training over xmas like a good boy 8)
    I've been in Cardiff without a bike :(

I've spent a shed load on parts though... i don't dare to look at my bank account!
    Not riding is more expensive than riding!
  • went for nice a ride today (bit cold) and just found out i dont have to go my parents house for dinner tomorrow so........ yep bikes out again in the morning cant wait 8)
    CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I hired a van just to take my bike back to my parent's so I could get out.

Christmas Day was a bit of a slow one, but got out another couple of days which were better.

Next out on Sunday I reckon.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • I'm driving home tomorrow (cardiff -> blackpool), building a bike, getting pissed with my bro for his 30th and the going for a ride on Sunday.

I genuinely think I might die.
  • With various commitments over xmas i haven't been able to ride for about a month now :( not looking forward to fist ride back to be honest as all that hard work pre-xmas has prob come undone!
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Haven't been on my bike (apart from some ill advised short trips) since June the 27th....

I've got everything crossed for a return in Spring, but it's gonna hurt so much!!!! I fee slightly out of breath walking up the stairs now....
  • Not been for a ride since 18th November. Bit miffed about it really.

Stag weekends, wedding, cold/flu, xmas, too much ice and snow, all these things got in the way.

Not that I'm using them as excuses mind... :lol:
    Do it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,778
    This makes me feel a bit better - thought I was the only one who was not biking (usual excuses - work/weather/Christmas etc etc). Just bought some more waterproof/warm stuff from Wiggle & CRC to force me to get out on the bikes :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • R2 D2
    R2 D2 Posts: 34
    Haven't been out on the bike for 3 or 4 weeks as well. Have been I'll ( which sucks ) can't wait to get out again but I know it's going to near kill me.
  • I haven't been out since beginning of December when we went to Dalby Forest. Dalby Forest was first time out for 3 weeks and that damned near killed me. Bike has just had a rear hub service but the 6" deep snow means I can't get to Evans to pick it up.

I genuinely am dreading the first time out but also can't wait.......
    Whyte 19 Steel
    Boardman Comp Hybrid
  • me too - been out once since December 20th :(

Although strictly speaking I carried my bike to the top of a hill in Pateley Bridge and then carried it down again.

Also did a VERY slow ride with my mate who is a career smoker and who's never ridden a bike off road before - only realised how unfit I am when he blew up and i had to pace it back to the car to pick him up :lol:
    I hate it when people say David Beckham's stupid...its not like anyone ever says: 'Stephen Hawking - he's s**t at football.' Paul Calf
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    out of action with a broken wrist since 28th October!!!!!!!

The cast came off last week and frankly I am in agony! Feels like it could be months before I ride again. Count yourselves lucky :cry:
  • tdougan
    tdougan Posts: 152
    haha - I'm going to be the same!
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Bregante wrote:

The cast came off last week and frankly I am in agony! Feels like it could be months before I ride again. Count yourselves lucky :cry:

Ohh... damn - "get well soon" and stuff. :( how did you break it?
    I'm going to be away, bikeless, for the next 2 months... I'm thoroughly depressed about the whole thing.

Damn, I do feel for you. :P

I've been out today and yesterday - though today was better I think. Yesterday I was on a trail... which was quite covered in snow. :P Today though I went on the trail again, but came off after a pretty short time as there was just too much snow I was walking with the bike faster that I was riding it... lol

But it's really cool on the roads as the cars are going quite slow (snow and stuff) and I was riding around the rush hour time. I think I can forget about paths for a few days the way the weather is going around the NE.
  • Chalky76
    Chalky76 Posts: 260
    Had an op on my ankle late november and first

Ride was with a mate on the chilterns day before new years. Ankle was fine but lungs and thighs were struggling on every climb, i'm so happy to be back on the bike regularly again.
    ride your bike like a kid whilst you still can

Transition Blindside = http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceychalk/5335403095/
  • bregante
    bregante Posts: 271
    Valy wrote:
    Bregante wrote:

Ohh... damn - "get well soon" and stuff. :( how did you break it? )

scary over the bars downhill moment in the peaks. had to ride with it bust for another hour to reach civilisation , which I think probably made it worse. have had some physio but it really isn't responding and feels like it did before the cast went on. Spoke to my consultant and am now going back for another x-ray on Monday "in case they've missed some thing" "complicated things, wrists" :shock: